Gimbal now pointing to the left ??

Reaction score
Had a minor crash the other day. I guess lost GPS signal from about 6 feet in the air. Hit a branch and it flipped on its top. One damaged prop but all else appeared fine. When I booted the drone back up the gimbal now looks slightly to the left so I see the leg in shot. Did level calibration, opened up the solo and checked cabling etc. emailed support and they basically told me to do everything I already have done. Is there any way to adjust solo gimbal left and right ??

It's likely you bent the main gimbal arm during your crash or you have displaced the ball isolators. Take a front and side photo of the gimbal with the camera installed and post them here....then more help will follow.

Interested in seeing the solution to this..I have a new gimbal that does this right out of the box. No crashes. At rest I can see that the gimbal is a little off. Enough to notice it in the footage.

Interested in seeing the solution to this..I have a new gimbal that does this right out of the box. No crashes. At rest I can see that the gimbal is a little off. Enough to notice it in the footage.

I think many gimbals were manufactured with a slight angle right. Both of mine have it. It would be nice to be able to change a parameter setting to straighten the gimbal.

Not a lot of details in your post to ID if same, but like Jim said not uncommon for a slight right reference. In that case, most units settle out in flight. The gimbal motors have two modes of operation, low and high torque. High torque is applied when Solo is armed.

In some cases the HDMI cable could be poorly installed and be pushing/pulling on the gimbal to appear offset in either direction....

Same thing is happening with mine. Does anyone know if the solex app has any plans to make a trim settings once the code is released?

Here are the pics you were asking fir

Attachments

• IMG_0904.JPG
    IMG_0904.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 26
Your gimbal arm is *severely* bent. It should hang straight down from the pivot, not 45*off to the left.

It's likely you bent the main gimbal arm during your crash or you have displaced the ball isolators. Take a front and side photo of the gimbal with the camera installed and post them here....then more help will follow.
Thanks Rich. I will try to gently bend straight agian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea