Gimbal not Recognized

Reaction score
Good morning,

The gimbal is not detected, nor does it link up with controller. I've tried to re-set it to factory settings, all lights did not flash on and off as they should have.
I've watched videos/tutorials on possible causes to no avail.

does anyone have suggestions/ideas and/or repair shops?

I would appreciate any information.

Thank you,

More info would help.
Is the SOLO working as it should?
Is it only the gimbal?
There are 2 cables to hook to the gimbal. Does the led light come on the gimbal when powered on?
Does it fly?
What app are you using?

Hi

Im not trying to hijack your thread, but seems silly to open a new one.
I also have a problem with my gimbal.
I connected the two cables, data and hdmi,
when I fire it up, and when stuff gets connected, and I try to tilt the gimbal with my controller, my artoo says Solo gimbal found, gimbal moves... but after a second or two, it says Solo gimbal not found.
gimbal otherwise works, balances on its own, I can tilt it np.

Gopro4 black also does not turn on, I have to remove the battery and power it up, but I have a feeling that has nothing to do with solo.
I have the latest OpenSolo, all stock settings.

Is there anything else I can do?

thanks a lot

Oh, btw... I noticed that the gimbal is off center, to the right.. just a bit...
Is that ok?

Is there anything else I can do?

thanks a lot

Oh, btw... I noticed that the gimbal is off center, to the right.. just a bit...
Is that ok?
What is version of the GoPro FW? The gimbal may not being seeing the gopro....check the hero port to insure it is all there.

Common, slight right orientation. If it is a bothers you, adjustments can be made if you are willing to tinker with it mechanically. I'd leave it alone however...

Reactions: just_bruce
I just stumbled upon the FW thing.. I have it on v5.0. I will downgrade to v3.0 and try that.
As for the cable, I checked that, but honestly, not the other side. I will also do that.
The slight right thing does not really bother me, if it's common, thanks :) I did notice the tiny screw on the shaft tho... :D
Thanks Rich.

Ive been thinking about the gimbal. It does get recognized for a couple of seconds after bootup, theres a green light also on the back.
I did buy it new, is it possible that there is some ancient FW on it? Should it still be visible in firmwares section?
im not sure where and how the FW image get updated, but I might have mobile data switched of at that time.... and wifi was connected to SOLO. Does that make any sense?

I can not try it now, sadly, since these things all beep, and it is almost 1.00 here :D

Thanks a lot

Green light means the gimbal is working properly. Gimbal FW is ancient, maybe 4-1/2 years ancient. But there is no issues with the gimbal FW, it works fine as is. I believe Solo will reload gimbal FW if not same as the golden image.

The Hero Port is on the back of the GoPro, long thin connector. If either the gimbal's or GP connector is messed up and not making proper connection then Solo will not see the gimbal...if I remember correctly and at least after it boots fully. Safety feature?!?

Did you select the correct GP in the app? I'm running v3.0 GP FW, which turns on GP at boot. V5.0 does not...but will work fine with Solo as well

I'll also add, as many have made the mistake in the past, to insert the data cable connector til you hear it click into the gimbal. It's called a clickmate connector for a reason...
The slight right thing does not really bother me, ... I did notice the tiny screw on the shaft tho...
That not where the adjustment is made...but have at it if you want more problems...:)

Reactions: just_bruce
Green light means the gimbal is working properly. Gimbal FW is ancient, maybe 4-1/2 years ancient. But there is no issues with the gimbal FW, it works fine as is. I believe Solo will reload gimbal FW if not same as the golden image.

The Hero Port is on the back of the GoPro, long thin connector. If either the gimbal's or GP connector is messed up and not making proper connection then Solo will not see the gimbal...if I remember correctly and at least after it boots fully. Safety feature?!?

Did you select the correct GP in the app? I'm running v3.0 GP FW, which turns on GP at boot. V5.0 does not...but will work fine with Solo as well

I'll also add, as many have made the mistake in the past, to insert the data cable connector til you hear it click into the gimbal. It's called a clickmate connector for a reason...

That not where the adjustment is made...but have at it if you want more problems...:)

Ok, so at least the gimbal works. At this point I'm just happy with that
I will take a closer look at the hero port and the cable, mek sure the mate clicks :)
I did not know that there is a Camera selection menu in Solex :D i'll check that.

oh heh, that would have been awkward, i'll just leave it to the right.

Thanks a lot.

A bit of an update.
I managed to get the gimbal recognized.
I reinstalled SOLEX... (looking back, it might have been the mavlink cam trigger or something, that I must have accidentally ticked)
at first it would not recognize, but I rebooted SOLO from SOLEX, then it did.

Now, i cant controll the GoPro. I do get video, so thats ok.
I downgraded to v3, just to be sure. Still no controll, not even auto boot.
I will look into those hero cables and connectors... it's sunny now, so nooo haha
Its no biggie ATM, I have no clue about what those parameters on photos mean anyway haha :DD I just set it to 1080 60, and I'm good to go.

Thanks a lot Rich! I really appreciate it.

Reactions: RichWest
Thanks a lot for the help.

I flew it a copule of times, super smooth!
to get the gimbal "recognized" by SOLO, i need to reboot the controller after boot.
It's not that big of a deal, I got used to it, takes 3 seconds hehe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela