Gimbal not getting any power

Reaction score
I’m a new 3dr owner, any solution for a gimbal not even lighting up on drone does it need to have a GoPro plugged into it for it to start up?

I’m a new 3dr owner, any solution for a gimbal not even lighting up on drone does it need to have a GoPro plugged into it for it to start up?
Make sure the gimble cable is plugged in good.. if u see a blinking gree light in back of gimble it should be working

There are also test points to verify that power and ground are both present on the gimbal. that would be worth looking at after checking the basics like cable/connector seating.

Check the orientation of the gimbal data cable on the main board. There was at least one case where the cable was soldered on backwards, reversing all the wires. Here's a thread detailing this: SOLO Gimbal No Power

The correct orientation is in the bottom pic - with the red wire to the center and the brown to the outside - in other words, red goes to the silkscreened GIMBAL BAT and brown goes to GIMBAL GND. If yours is reversed, I'd disconnect the cable immediately and not mess with it, hoping there's some tolerance or protection to reversed polarity within the gimbal.

If your cable is reversed - red going to GND and brown to BAT, let me know. I can make you an extension reversing all the wires to where they should go.

Also check the pins in the power plug, I had the same problem and one of the pins hadn't seated properly, once I clicked it back into the plug housing all powered up fine

Make sure that the gimbal data cable is plugged into the gimbal inside the gimbal bay as well as the USB cable. When I finally got my gimbal, I was in such a hurry to try it out, I totally forgot about it[emoji23]. Same results! Good luck.

Sent from my LGLS755 using 3DRPilots Drone Forum mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea