Gimbal noise when solo powered on

BAR

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Does the gopro have to be in the gimbal before solo is powered on? I have just installed the gimbal, powered solo on and get a buzzing noise from the gimbal. I quickly turned solo off. I then put the gopro in and powered up - no buzzing noise, however I am a bit concerned. If the gopro is not in the gimbal and solo powered on and I touch the gimbal lightly adding pressure up, the noise stops.
This is a new gimbal and I don't remember my original gimbal buzzing when I installed it (but perhaps I didn't power solo on without gopro - too long ago)

Thanks

Hi guys,
Does the gopro have to be in the gimbal before solo is powered on? I have just installed the gimbal, powered solo on and get a buzzing noise from the gimbal. I quickly turned solo off. I then put the gopro in and powered up - no buzzing noise, however I am a bit concerned. If the gopro is not in the gimbal and solo powered on and I touch the gimbal lightly adding pressure up, the noise stops.
This is a new gimbal and I don't remember my original gimbal buzzing when I installed it (but perhaps I didn't power solo on without gopro - too long ago)

Thanks
When the GP isn't in the gimbal you're hearing the motors trying to balance the gimbal.

Thanks Solo Keith, so put the GP in before powering on the solo. I will go for a fly in the morning and see how we go. Thanks again.

Reactions: Solo Keith
Yes, you need to have the gopro in the gimbal or it will go nuts. It's trying to balance something that isn't there. I would have liked to to see an on/off switch on the bottom to turn the gimbal off for this reason. All my DIY stuff, I made the power to the gimbal easy to disconnect or I put on a switch.

Hi,
My new gimbal that I purchased for my spare drone is also buzzing like crazy and I do have my GoPro hero 4 black installed. I read never to turn on the Solo without the Gimbal in place.

The noise stops if I touch the right hand side of the gimbal and also if I pick the Solo up and lean or tilt it the noise stops but comes on again when the Solo is anywhere near level.

I will do a search and see if there is a reset procedure. I was searching for the problem and this post came up in the search.

Regards

Graham

I will do a search and see if there is a reset procedure. I was searching for the problem and this post came up in the search.

Yes, you will be able to find what you are looking for if you search this problem here. It has been discussed thoroughly.
Good luck :)

Well I have removed and reinstalled the gimbal. The wires seemed out of the way but I repositioned them anyway. Noise has receded a lot, I just need to do some more testing. In hindsight I probably should have just turned the drone off and on again first to see if that would have made a difference before jumping straight in and reinstalling it

Graham

The noise stops if I touch the right hand side of the gimbal and also if I pick the Solo up and lean or tilt it the noise stops but comes on again when the Solo is anywhere near level.
It's likely the pitch arm motor's plastic housing making noise. Either remove and reinstall the housing or just let be and it will resolve in time.

It did stop the noise when I held it loosely and seems much better after removing and reinstalling. Perhaps repositioning the wires helped or just handling it might have helped. I will monitor it some more. I did contact the seller in case it occurs again

Regards

Graham

Took the Solo out this evening and the noise has come back. I am waiting for feedback from the Amazon seller before doing anything with it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela