Gimbal main board 2 ribbon cables: which one is HDMI

I was having an extremely difficult time reconnecting the wide cable. And now that I broke off the little locking clip on the connector it seems all but impossible to secure it, short of hot glueing it directly.

For future reference, what is the trick to re-connecting the cable to that connector? (besides never ungluing the factory connection in the first place.) I have three or four disassembled gimbals that I'm going to attempt cobbling into one good one. Is it even possible. I've read a lot of posts some time ago but need to revisit the topic.

Any other brand model gimbals that work?

Thanks

FIX IT TILL IT’S BROKE!
24d9040f00e5d7ee6811be088fd86b71.jpg

You need to be *very* light of touch with the locking tab. Make sure there is not remaining glue on the ribbon. Ensure it is fully seated and then push evenly on the FULL WIDTH of the locking tab [I use a wide, flat aluminum spudger]. IF it requires anything but the lightest pressure, stop, look over things, reset, and try again.

I use a pair of tweezers. Unlike the data ribbon, which is inserted straight in. The hdmi ribbon needs to be inserted at a slight angle down, there are two ribbon tabs that have to slip beyond their receiver.

If you need to replace the hdmi ribbon connector, here is a link to part J4.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea