Gimbal LED Breathing Red

Reaction score
I've read the few threads on here regarding a Breathing Red Gimbal LED. Mostly seems like a Doomsday Scenario.

Anyway, powered on a new copter/gimbal today for first time, Updated to new software (2.4.1-6) as prompted. Prior to update, as Solo sat idle with power, gimbal appeared good from the front (didn't observe LED Status). Continued to look good into the update.
System updated, prompted to do level calibration. All checked out, had video in the app, but noticed the Gimbal LED was Breathing RED. GoPro would also not power on/off automatically with Solo. Old GoPro firmware.

Power cycled many times. Reconnected, mixed startup sequence between App, Controller, and Solo (Solo always powered up last). Nothing.

Popped the top off, reseated Gimbal Data Cable with a click. Same symptoms.

After conversing with 3DR tech support, it is recommended I remove completely and reinstall gimbal, paying attention to cable routing, avoid twisting, etc. then re-run level calibration.

If all else fails, do a factory reset.

Has anyone else had these issues and successfully resolved them? Did Stick calibration help? Would like to avoid doing a full on reset, as it has alway sounded like a PITA, from what I've read (haven't had to do it yet).

Any advice would be killer. Thanks guys.

I'm thinking, update didn't complete correctly?
I would uninstall App, "Clear cache" then reinstall & it may want to update Solo & Controller, Do it.
If that don't work, like 3DR says a factory reset may do it?

Hope this helps

The Gimbal LED displays several different signals:

• Breathing green: the gimbal is functioning properly and ready for use.
  • Blinking orange: the gimbal is booting up (commonly seen while performing an update).
  • Blinking blue: the gimbal has lost the communication signal. Please contact customer support.
  • Breathing red: the gimbal is in a temporary fault mode. Restart the gimbal, and if the issue persists, please contact customer support.
  • Solid red: the gimbal is in an unrecoverable fault mode. Restart the gimbal, and if the issue persists, please contact customer support.
If none of the preceding steps resolved your gimbal issue, please contact customer support at 3dr.com/support.

Reactions: franknitty69
Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll proceed with the app business and post results. Thanks for the excerpt from the manual, pyrate - I got myself familiar with them LED meanings today when trouble shooting. Good to reiterate. And yes, Hero 4 Silver with appropriate weights.

I'll keep playing and will post results.

So here's something. On Solo #1, all went smoothly from day 1, until the Puget Sound swallowed it during a risky MPCC. Setting that one up, I set up Solo first, did preliminary pre-flight software update, good to go. I later Installed the gimbal. Everything just worked.

Today on Solo #2 I powered everything together for the first time, gimbal already installed, proceeded with preliminary software updates.

Well after no luck in getting the gimbal to come to life, 3DR tech support said "Yep, We'll have to replace it for you."

I asked how gimbal stock was, and they said it was no good - didn't have any in stock, and were not sure when or if they would get any in stock.

I told them I'd hit up Best Buy where I bought it. Best Buy came through and a new one is on the way.

Well after no luck in getting the gimbal to come to life, 3DR tech support said "Yep, We'll have to replace it for you."

I asked how gimbal stock was, and they said it was no good - didn't have any in stock, and were not sure when or if they would get any in stock.

I told them I'd hit up Best Buy where I bought it. Best Buy came through and a new one is on the way.
Glad for you...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela