Gimbal Jerking/Sticking

Reaction score
Hey there,

I recently installed a brushless gimbal camera mount on my DJI Phantom. The roll is smooth as butter, but the pitch has a definite problem. Despite tweaking the power, P, and D I'm still having this very rough movement. In one direction it seems to move, just very roughly. In the other it hits a wall and jerks repeatedly. Has anyone here seen this before?

Here is a video of the behavior.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks folks!
Tommy

Last edited:
should probably post this on the dji forum. however, on the solo....it needs the camera installed to properly hold the balance.

Same behavior with the camera, unfortunately. Thanks for the reply!
I must agree with Quinn, you have better chance to get a correct answer in a DJI forum.

Like asking timing on a 242CID Ford 8cyl, in a GM Chevy forum.
I'm a chevy man, I do not even know if there is such a motor? "242CID Ford 8cyl" LOL

Good luck

Hey there,

I recently installed a brushless gimbal camera mount on my DJI Phantom. The roll is smooth as butter, but the pitch has a definite problem. Despite tweaking the power, P, and D I'm still having this very rough movement. In one direction it seems to move, just very roughly. In the other it hits a wall and jerks repeatedly. Has anyone here seen this before?

Here is a video of the behavior.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks folks!
Tommy
Never power on any gimbal without the camera installed. Your have ruined your gimbal.

(and you ignored warnings about doing just that, because every gimbal sold, from the cheapest to the most expensive comes with that warning)

Incorrect, sir! My gimbal was most definitely not ruined, but functioned quite well without a camera. That step was recommended to me by somebody with much more experience than I. (It also did not include such a warning)

I appreciate everyone's support. If anyone with a similar issue stumbles upon this, the stepper leads were poorly soldered. Simple fix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo