Gimbal issues

Reaction score
Hi,
Two days ago I finished fly with my Solo and everything was just fine. Today i start my Solo but i get bad video feeds.
Whan i remove gimbal and conect my gopro everything looks ok but with gimbal no feed. I can control cam and cam record fine but without feed.
Can somebody help me with good Advice ?

Greetings from Croatia

Z.
3ec49cbfb6ec87f3cc0cf31541584105.jpg

Reactions: fvincent
You do have a partial feed, so that is good. Also good that you isolated to the gimbal.

The common two points for your seen issue is either the HDMI connection to the GP or the HDMI connection that Solo plugs into on the gimbal. Seems your GP and HDMI cable are fine, as is the power and control. Only leaves the HDMI connector on the gimbal...

This is how I test the connector... With the gimbal removed, I power up and connect to Solo like normal. Once connected, I flip Solo motors down. You can connect the HDMI cable to the Gimbal and check the connection, wiggle and such. Having the camera installed and powered up is helpful... If the video feed changes, then you'll know it is this connector. No need to connect the power/data cable, the camera's feed is all that is needed.

If it does turns out to be that HDMI connector, I'd recommend soldering a new connector on or re-working what you have.

But then it could be a software issue... I'm fairly certain that the correct answer will be... the last thing you tried.

Howdy from Texas!

Thanks a lot for the information, I think the problem is with the connector on the gimbal.

Greeting from Croatia

Zlatan

Hi,
Two days ago I finished fly with my Solo and everything was just fine. Today i start my Solo but i get bad video feeds.
Whan i remove gimbal and conect my gopro everything looks ok but with gimbal no feed. I can control cam and cam record fine but without feed.
Can somebody help me with good Advice ?

Greetings from Croatia

Z.
3ec49cbfb6ec87f3cc0cf31541584105.jpg
As wears as it may sound, has the same problem when traveling in the US and using a local SIM card from telekom. Albeit I have no idea how the heck a mobile LTE Network card could interfere with a wlan network ( makes no sense), when I deactivated my mobile Network, suddenly there was feed!
This is no joke, at least try it once
Greetings, Andreas

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela