Gimbal Issues Today

Reaction score
I went out and flew 3 batteries today. During cable cam I had very limited control of tilt (pitch axis) by either the toggle or the two preset buttons. Sometimes i would apply a tilt command and the gimbal wouldn't move for 10-15 seconds and then it would pop to the desired angle. Also on one of my flights it was just flopping on the roll and pan axis. I have done level, compass, and stick calibrations multiple times. I have double checked my wire routing via removed the battery tray and no dice. I've sent logs to 3dr so we'll see what happens. Just putting the information out here.

One other thing I noticed: I centered the yaw wheel by taking the battery tray out and adjusting wires, but then I noticed that the gimbal wouldn't move "rear-left" (holding Solo upside down). I looked deeper and saw that as the HDMI cable travelled and rounded into the first corner, it was at the level of one of the plastic legs of the gimbal, preventing any free movement in that direction. I was getting gimbal flop and noticeable vibration. I reached way in and redirected the cable off of the plastic (and on to the rubber damper ball).

Good gimbal behavior for the next 4 flights.

Reactions: DattaGroover
I noticed the same thing and adjusted the wires. I have freedom of movement in all direction with solo upside down yet these issues persist. I will double check my routing just in case.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mike Lanzetta
I noticed the same thing and adjusted the wires. I have freedom of movement in all direction with solo upside down yet these issues persist. I will double check my routing just in case.

The Solo Gimbal seems a good design in many respects, but I think they blew it on the wires. Too stiff, too easy to get in the way.

Yea my s6 auto updated today and the android apps unusable for me for now. It still worked with my iPhone, but not perfect like it has all weekend still. It just had a tiny horizon tilt or wanted to point down on its own for a few seconds with iPhone. Only affected a small part of my flight. Android needs an update and fast though, it was flawless all weekend until I saw my s6 updated several apps on its own.

3dr asked for the flight video. I'll post here when I get a resolution.

Well my gimbal is being RMA'ed. Their troubleshooting process currently consists of Level, Stick, and Compass calibrations. Nothing helped my issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela