Gimbal Issue

Reaction score
Hi all

Whilst I bought solo gear I never got round to actually flying my drone due to a variety of issues.

As a result I have dismantled them and sold them and the spares I'd bought

Anyway i have been selling off my stuff and came a cross a strange issue with one of my gimbals (of 5 I started with).

I installed it and basically checked it panned etc then repacked it as a spare about 9 months ago.

I recently took it out and installed again and didn't see any problems so sold it.

However the chap that bought it tells me it's just going crazy and jumping all over the place ie won't stay still.

I have it on the way back to me but as I sold my drones have no way of checking it again to see if i can figure out whats what.

Is this a definite gimbal fault or maybe just a one off compatibility, installation, set up issue ?

Any idea's ?? or do I just scrap it and take the pain ??

I do still have some last odds and sods at home ie 2 full 3dr drone bodies for sale if anyone is interested ill list them.

I still intend to have some drone fun and bought a mavic air.

Yes probably satans drone but as I travel a lot and many countries I go to are very anti drone I wanted something easy to transport and low key.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
There are a few causes for spastic gimbals. Without a Solo to evaluate further you are sol. Donate the gimbal to someone else and take the hit. It may bless you with some redemption for flying the devil's drone.

My favorite cause is that the gimbal is bent, typically at the yaw arm. The symptom, beyond obviously bent, is that the gimbal is panning back and forth. If the roll arm is bent, then you'll have the camera holder beating back and forth. In some cases either are repairable, but for most this is too tedious of an endeavor. First one is always a learn by failure.

The second cause is a software glitch. I've yet to try this method, but via MP you can adjust some gimbal parameters. This is supposed to rewrite and correct calibration issues. More here - Gimbal reset?

Also check the S/N I've had someone try to swap for a good one.

I will be doing that I listed each one separately given the number of faulty gimbals out there.

Dont understand how it went off the rails since I tested it at home without issue. No signs of damage to box apparently

Maybe just unlucky this time. 4 out of 5 Ok is maybe as good as solo gimbals got.

The Disco Dance is common to a some how abused gimbal, usually a crash. Software in rare cases has come into play. I like the advice given to cut your loses and donate it to an appreciative Solo owner as it probably won't look very cool hanging under that black machine.

Hi all

Whilst I bought solo gear I never got round to actually flying my drone due to a variety of issues.

As a result I have dismantled them and sold them and the spares I'd bought

Anyway i have been selling off my stuff and came a cross a strange issue with one of my gimbals (of 5 I started with).

I installed it and basically checked it panned etc then repacked it as a spare about 9 months ago.

I recently took it out and installed again and didn't see any problems so sold it.

However the chap that bought it tells me it's just going crazy and jumping all over the place ie won't stay still.

I have it on the way back to me but as I sold my drones have no way of checking it again to see if i can figure out whats what.

Is this a definite gimbal fault or maybe just a one off compatibility, installation, set up issue ?

Any idea's ?? or do I just scrap it and take the pain ??

I do still have some last odds and sods at home ie 2 full 3dr drone bodies for sale if anyone is interested ill list them.

I still intend to have some drone fun and bought a mavic air.

Yes probably satans drone but as I travel a lot and many countries I go to are very anti drone I wanted something easy to transport and low key.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Here we are complaining of your move to Satan's drone when there is no doubt that it is the Solo that is undeniably possessed!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc