Gimbal freaking out!!! Banging gopro against the ground.

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with the 3DR Solo gimbal. Its freaking out and banging gopro against the floor. any suggestions as to what the problem may be and how to correct the issue? please and thank you.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've tried level and compass calibration both. starts off ok but as soon as all systems are go for take off. it goes crazy.

If just installed? then perhaps the Gimbal it being restricted full movement caused by something "wire" blocking it?
Uninstall Gimbal, then verify that inside potion, isn't touching anything.
This problem is consistent with Gimbal's movement being restricted.

There are several good videos showing the correct way of verifying proper installation of the Gimbal.

Hope this helps.

I wrote you a personal note urging you not to take the ups and downs of the Solo experience too seriously. It's supposed to be a fun thing. If it's not fun, what's the point? Making money, making art? fine then, but our problems with this endeavor aren't over for any of us. We might as well enjoy our association with it.

Nobody is hurt, nobody is dead. Everything else is always good.

I'm having an issue with the 3DR Solo gimbal. Its freaking out and banging gopro against the floor. any suggestions as to what the problem may be and how to correct the issue? please and thank you.

i had this problem and it`s very easy to resolve i can make you a short tutorial movie if you still haven`t fixed it yet

i had this problem and it`s very easy to resolve i can make you a short tutorial movie if you still haven`t fixed it yet
Everyone wants to know how to treat!

Everyone wants to know how to treat!
ok guys u will all recieve "the medicine" for this "illness " this christmas
it`s very simple : the roll (horisontal) motor is is out of magnetic ballance this may occure after a crash or a phisical shock at a transport (i had this problem after my first crash). also i think this is a design flaw because the shaft is not super fixed to the magnet housing or the gopro mount is not fixed to the motor shaft.

1. power up solo + gimbal + gopro
2. whait for it to start acting like a drummer :D
3. grab with one hand the camera and with the other grab the back part of the motor (where are the magnets) also called motor housing
4. couter twist the camera and the motor housing until you will feel that the coil is allignd with the magnet
5.this is all

movie here :

Last edited:
ok guys u will all recieve "the medicine" for this "illness " this christmas
it`s very simple : the roll (horisontal) motor is is out of magnetic ballance this may occure after a crash or a phisical shock at a transport (i had this problem after my first crash). also i think this is a design flaw because the shaft is not super fixed to the magnet housing or the gopro mount is not fixed to the motor shaft.

1. power up solo +gimbal + gopro
2. whait for it to start acting like a drummer :D
3. grab with one hand the camera and with the other grab the back part of the motor (where are the magnets) also called motor housing
4. couter twist the camera and the motor housing until you will feel that the coil is allignd with the magnet
5.this is all

if you don`t resolve it i will make a movie.
We are waiting for the film!:)

We are waiting for the film!:)

please reply if it worked 4 you guys

Last edited:
Reactions: PdxSteve

please reply if it worked 4 you guys
Nicely done and a good tip to remember. Thanks..

Did you not get leg extension from 3dr???

they help bring Solo up a little higher..

Attachments

• 6023800559_n.jpg
    6023800559_n.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 15

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela