Gimbal freak out after crash

Reaction score
i stuck my solo in a tree yesterday about 60 feet up after gps was lost and it flew in the complete opposite direction than home. It also flipped itself over backwards the day before while landing using the land button on the controller.
So here's my issue with the gimbal. After recovery from crashing in the tree I powered it up with a fresh battery to test everything. The gimbal is freaking out. Slamming itself up and down and left to right. Is there a reset on this thing or is it broken?

I've had similar results after a hard down. I will be watching this.

i stuck my solo in a tree yesterday about 60 feet up after gps was lost and it flew in the complete opposite direction than home. It also flipped itself over backwards the day before while landing using the land button on the controller.
So here's my issue with the gimbal. After recovery from crashing in the tree I powered it up with a fresh battery to test everything. The gimbal is freaking out. Slamming itself up and down and left to right. Is there a reset on this thing or is it broken?
Mine just drifted into a tree about 12 feet up and I regained control and as I was landing it drifted on loss of control again... then regained again about 5 feet off the ground and I landed hard before i was going to lost it again. It bounced and promptly flipped over and ground flat spots on the bullet points on top of my blade hubs. (modified carbon props). UGH.
I was only 10 feet from my drone, with FPVLR antenna.... WTH?
I was wondering is 3dr still reading logs and diagnosing for us Solo owners?

Make sure the camera is installed in the gimbal anytime the copter is powered.
Solo has a "turtle" mode so it will shut off the gimbal if the copter is on its back. This is good for bench top testing.
Make sure all your connections are good. I've heard that the data cable is easy to rip off the gimbal controller board.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo