Gimbal floppy solution that works so far.

Reaction score
Website
www.photoradio.ca
Mostly my gimbal behaves as expected.
on occasion it does the floppy.
my observations are that this appears to be due to the gimbal touching the ground or long grass as the power is turned on, this may confuse the calibration of the gimbal.

powering off and re locating the drone so the gimbal does not touch anything seems to prevent the problem. Another method of getting the gimbal to find the horizon with a floppy gimbal that works for me is to rock the solo sideways left and right about 12 ft several times and the gimbal appears to reset itself and find the correct horizon.

After a fair number of flights I find the gimbal gives me very smooth film results.( H4 black, 2.7k, 60 fps plus polarizer filter to remove glare and drop the shutter speed).
As aphotographer I have no experiance with drones and I am amazed at how stable the solo is and really can produce footage that previously needed real helicopter time and lots of work in software to remove vibration and shakes.

matt

After the last update, my floppy gimbal problems were all solved.

Now if they could only figure out why my gimbal won't stay at 90 degrees, that would be awesome. Mine constantly tilts down. If I move it to 90 degrees, it immediately drops to about 80-82 degrees. After a minute or two of flight, it's down to 60-70 degrees and I have to constantly tilt it back up. Kind of a real pain in the ass.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela