Gimbal facing slightly to the right

Reaction score
out of the box, my gimbal is facing slightly to the right. any ideas?
yWRzwo

0920152044a

yes mine is the same was going to ask the same question here. My guess is that it is to keep the left leg out of frame?

3DR support would tell you to run the stick calibration and it would correct it.

Attachments

• Solo Checklist.pdf
    75.7 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: Projeffrey11
Mine corected it's self with some movment. I pick up the solo and tilted it forward backwards side to side and it straitened up after a minute or 3

Can't really tell if you have the Solo powered up or not from the picture. But, my Solo pointed to right if its powered up front pointing to south. If I powered up Solo with front pointing north then gimbal is strait.
Ian posted that 3DR will have fix oct 3.

I had the same problem and more, i.e. going limp, not aligning. I took the advice of others. I took the battery compartment off with the gimbal installed. I repositioned the cables and it works fine now. I did get the limp issue again inflight but corrected itself. I'm still not totally convinced that it's an all cable issue.

have the same exact issue as many others, Im going to give the stick calibration a try tomorrow and look at the wiring again but there is only so much room in there :(

You'd think they'd put a precautionary barrier that keeps the wires away from completely touching the motor.

Last edited:
have the same exact issue as many others, Im going to give the stick calibration a try tomorrow and look at the wiring again but there is only so much room in there :(

You'd think they'd put a precautionary barrier that keeps the wires away from completely from the motor.
I tried the stick calibration I'm not totally convinced it worked, I'll have to test flight tomorrow morning I'll keep you guys posted.

For me stick calibration works when I have the red error message on controller screen when I use the dial and tilt button for the gimbal. The pan to the right problem happen when i place my solo facing south when power up. Everything works when I place the solo north before power up. NO flip flop or pan to the right.

It might help if someone who has removed the battery cover to check the cable routing could post some top down pictures showing what it should look like. Might just help everyone to see exactly how the cables "should" be routed in a Solo with a gimbal installed that is working properly.

It might help if someone who has removed the battery cover to check the cable routing could post some top down pictures showing what it should look like. Might just help everyone to see exactly how the cables "should" be routed in a Solo with a gimbal installed that is working properly.
I could not agree more it's a fantastic idea and suggestion so any volunteers please post soon.

After tinkering with the gimbal install. I found out a quick way of checking to see if the wiring is interfering with the free floating movement of the gimbal.
1. Remove the foam spacer, flip solo upside down and place it on a level table top. Reason for this is that you don't want gravity pulling it to one side when checking to see if the gimbal is centered in the hole. Looking straight down, it should be center with equal spacing all around the circle opening. If its offset to one side then the wiring is rubbing against the wall of solo's body shell. In my case its offset to the rear. It turns out that the gimbal wire is touching the front of the solo body and pushing the gimbal back. That's why its offset to the rear. Move the gimbal around in all direction and up and down you can feel how it move around.
2. Flip the solo front nose down on table. The gimbal should just drop down to its max down position. If not then it means wire is interfering with the gimbal movement.
3 Filp the solo front nose face up on table see if drop down all the way in this position. Flip it side way. Do it to all 4 side. The weight of the gimbal will pull it stright down to its max travel. Push the gimbal up to its side, moving it around to see its movement.
I think the key is have the gimbal center in the circle opening on level surface. This ensure that wiring is not pulling or pushing on something.
I have the Hdmi cable looped like 3DR instruction in a u shape make sure the wire is not touching the wall of the solo body. The same for the very stiff gimbal cable. I actually have the bend and shape the gimbal cable so that it dont't touch the front of the solo body. Don't cross the two cables run it parallel to each other. Have about 5mm of clearnace between the cable and the solo body.

Reactions: 1264_Solo
Reworked the inner spacing and actually did the stick calibration a couple of times and it seems to point forward a bit better. Still not 100% bit tons better than what it looked like before. I will fly today and report any weirdness but thanks for the tips everyone!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea