gimbal disconnects

Reaction score
Flew my solo today and my gimbal disconnects in flight. The othet dsy it drooped from the wind. Now when I tilt up and down it disconnects. I will recalibrate compass. Any ideas?

May want to pull it off and rerun your wires, usually these issues have been from the gimbal getting hung up and resetting so the motors aren't damaged.

Also check the ribbon cable you can see in the gap between your tilt motor and your GoPro. Mine was hanging up there and needed pushed back in and going limp. Easy fix if you catch it, but the ribbon is fragile, mine was clicking when moved by hand was how I found it and it almost broke.

I will check both of these ideas. Thanks, I was hoping my gimbal was not failing.

Yea good luck man, if so I'd assume it'll be covered. The price for the gimbal did just cut in half apparently though as well, so I'll prolly wait a bit and get a backup for 200 bucks. Seems solo is a tank, but the gimbal like most any other is still the weakest link in a crash. For what it is it seems well built, but most gimbals are going to be fragile regardless unfortunately.

I unsrewed the gimbal and found one rubber damper came out of ring. I put it back together a nd flew. I noticed gimbal is making noise. I sent the video to 3dr. They said that the gimbal is under warranty and they will examine the video and get back to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks