Gimbal connector replacing

Reaction score
Hello everyone and happy new year!
The question is about connector on the board of the gimbal that shown on picture. Its broken and i cannot find it in my local stores. Did enyone knows serial number or part number to find it on ebay/ali?
Gimbal Connector.jpg

Before you jack-up removing the screw holding on the yaw arm, remove the 1.3mm allen grub screw from the base of the shaft.... I see the screw head is already somewhat stripped.

I have not been able to source the exact FPC/FFC connector as of yet. Both Digikey and Mouser have a selection, but the anchor to pad layout is off for what they carry. I expanded the anchor pads with some copper shim stock, it seems to work but the board or ribbon I have appears bad...not sure but couldn't get it to work.

Further the solder pads rip real easy, so know what you are doing before you crap the board. I tried soldering in jumpers on another board, but that was a fail. The traces run on both sides of the board to the HDMI connector. Plus the narrow spacing on the terminal pins leaves little room for error.

Again wrong connector, but would work in a pinch with a little effort - https://3drpilots.com/threads/gimbal-fpc-ffc-connector.11783/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea