Future of Solo

The gimbal must be any day now if they have time to mock up an LED light.

For those that have an explorers spirit.

https://store.3drobotics.com/products/px4flow

If not supported by ardupilot can it be used with solo still just not autonomously or? Sorry if this is a dumb question still learning basics in this area new to 3dr electronics.

Is this a new product or something they have had out for previous platforms, I'd love to use it but how hard would it be to get functional.

For those that have an explorers spirit.

https://store.3drobotics.com/products/px4flow
Can someone please post up a couple of clear photos of the Gimbal cable connector on their Solo?

I have every connector I need to play with except the one for the Gimbal control cable.
The photos I have aren't clear enough to figure out what it is.(some sort of CLIK-Mate, I suppose..)

This PX4Flow looks like something we can make a 3D printed adapter for it and a GoPro in the same mount.
...or a gutted & re-packaged Kinect from an XBOX360 might do the trick.
Even though the current FW doesn't support it, it can always be added. It's Open Source.

I'm Solo-less right now (ran out of time on the 30-Day and now waiting on the Gimbal) so I can't take a look at the connector just now.
But that doesn't stop me from ordering up misc parts/antennas/cables/modules/connectors for when the Gimbal is released so I can resume tweaking.

Come on 3DR, Hurry Up and get the Gimbal working and shipped!
I want to play!!

I'm interested to see what sorts of payloads are developed for the aircraft. Out here at K-State there is quite a bit of research happening so the more options I have with Solo the more likely it will get used for more than pretty pictures.

Can someone please post up a couple of clear photos of the Gimbal cable connector on their Solo?

I have every connector I need to play with except the one for the Gimbal control cable.
The photos I have aren't clear enough to figure out what it is.(some sort of CLIK-Mate, I suppose..)

This PX4Flow looks like something we can make a 3D printed adapter for it and a GoPro in the same mount.
...or a gutted & re-packaged Kinect from an XBOX360 might do the trick.
Even though the current FW doesn't support it, it can always be added. It's Open Source.

I'm Solo-less right now (ran out of time on the 30-Day and now waiting on the Gimbal) so I can't take a look at the connector just now.
But that doesn't stop me from ordering up misc parts/antennas/cables/modules/connectors for when the Gimbal is released so I can resume tweaking.

Come on 3DR, Hurry Up and get the Gimbal working and shipped!
I want to play!!
There is picture here look in Photos and Video section scroll down and you will find them

There is picture here look in Photos and Video section scroll down and you will find them
I have all of those, but none of the photos shows the connector clear enough to see what it is.
(Pin count and type.)
I can I.D. it if I can get a clear shot at it.

Between Mouser and Digikey, I've got all of the other ones (GPS, Compass are CLIK-Mate, PixHawk Board-to-Board is Hirose DF17 80-Pin, some other various DF13 used elsewhere...)

8yhmy8.png

Hdmi micro cable is on 1 off my posts and where to buy a new 1 both ends the same

For go pro hdmi micro female for board found it on digikey

stupid question but , what is an optical flow camera for?

To fly indoors or under cover its sensors that help it know where it's at when gps can't. The p3 has them as well to fly inside its in their promos.

Hello Steve Pics are below. It is designated as P4 on the Jabil production sheet
Thanks for the photos.

Looks alot like a Molex CLICK-Mate, but I didn't know they came in Black/Dark Grey Plastic.
I only see Beige on Molex's Web. Maybe it's an OEM only color?

(I changed the color as it doesn't show any details when I use Beige)
2lkv810.png

9i9212.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos.

Looks alot like a Molex CLICK-Mate, but I didn't know they came in Black/Dark Grey Plastic.
I only see Beige on Molex's Web. Maybe it's an OEM only color?

(I changed the color as it doesn't show any details when I use Beige)
2lkv810.png
Yes that is correct. It is a Molex CLICK-Mate OEM sourced out of their Penang plant in Malaysia. This black OEM version is also available in White for Asia only.

Yes that is correct. It is a Molex CLICK-Mate OEM sourced out of their Penang plant in Malaysia. This black OEM version is also available in White for Asia only.
Impressed not only name and type but also colors and specific plant info, I know what 2 guys to ask if I'm ever curious about anything similar, thanks for the info guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela