Frsky 7DBI vs alfa antenna 5dbi

Reaction score
Hi Sirs,
Directional antennas which is better for SOLO

Hi Sirs,
Directional antennas which is better for SOLO
Try the directional "Alfa" flat-panel antennas from Amazon. I didn't have any dropout at over 800 meters over flat land ( foot high cornfield) and flying at 22 ft.
I used 1 stock antenna and 1 Alfa flat-panel antenna.

Reactions: taos
The Alfa's didn't work for me so I use the FPVLR's. They work great in Phoenix.

I flew this morning again and I changed direction towards a highway but stayed in the field and probably 100 yards from the highway on a return
flight. About 4 miles east of the Solo there is a cell tower and I noticed signal dropout. The Solo went into RTH so I am thinking that it's WiFI
interference from the tower. This is a problem for the Solo since these towers are popping up everywhere and to make matters worse, the
power companies are now installing the SmartMeters on everything using the utility. All kinds of rf in the air messing up the quads.

Reactions: Maddog
I flew this morning again and I changed direction towards a highway but stayed in the field and probably 100 yards from the highway on a return
flight. About 4 miles east of the Solo there is a cell tower and I noticed signal dropout. The Solo went into RTH so I am thinking that it's WiFI
interference from the tower. This is a problem for the Solo since these towers are popping up everywhere and to make matters worse, the
power companies are now installing the SmartMeters on everything using the utility. All kinds of rf in the air messing up the quads.
Yep. If you have an android device you can get the wifi analyzer app to show you where the interference is. Best solution I know of is aftermarket antennas like Alfa, FPVLR, etc, which can punch through.

Yep. If you have an android device you can get the wifi analyzer app to show you where the interference is. Best solution I know of is aftermarket antennas like Alfa, FPVLR, etc, which can punch through.

I will look into the WiFi Analyzer and thanks for the information. The Solo flies good and the biggest problem I have had is getting that darn Git1 to stay
hooked up for video. I always get video feed from the quad but many a time I find that the flight wasn't getting saved to the memory card. The menuing
on the camera is not at all intuitive. I have to take another camera and take pictures of the menus so I can restore the settings later. I have a mounting
system setup on the gimbal that works and when the camera and gimbal is taking video there is no shake or any problems with the video. I need to
save up and get a refurbished GoPro Hero4 Black since the gimbal is made to be used with them. Thanks for the response and Happy Flying!:)

Reactions: Maddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela