FPVLR question

Reaction score
So I recently purcahsed the FPVLR kit for the Solo and it's defintely already flying twice as high than it did with the stock antenna's on it. However I flew it about 4 times today. And when I got to about 70 or 80 meters it would lose conneciton every time and fly home. I may have been unaware, but from what I know all I have to do for the FPVLR antenna to work is remove my stock antenna's and screw in the new one. Is there anything else I am supposed to be doing to make sure I dont lose conneciton? I didn't even lost connection this much with the stock antenna's on.

And might i add, it finds all necessary satellites for takeoff twice as fast with the FPVLR antenna's. Thanks in advance for the help

The satellite deal must be a fluke as the antenna has nothing to do with GPS.

I personally would try again and if you have problems with the FPVLR then toss the stock on and see if its WiFi congestion causing issues.

There is nothing you need to do except change the antennas.

You said twice as high. Did you mean distance? Even stock antennas should take you way higher than you should fly.

Reactions: JOHN CUERVO
Yeah I'll just test the stock antenna's again tomorrow. And when I said twice as high I was referring to the altitude. What is the max altitude with stock antennas?

What are you trying to fly elevation? Should be easy to go 400' or even 1000' which would not be safe in many locations.

I have had my FPVLR setup out to 5100ft, with 2 bars left on the controller. That was at an altitude of about 150ft. These antennas are somewhat directional, meaning they need to be pointed in the direction of flight. Since we are supposed to limit our altitude to 400ft, that is what I have my limit setting on. I might add I was flying in an area with no wifi interference. If you don't already have it, I might suggest getting something like the WiFi Analyzer app so you will know how much wifi is in your flying area. Good luck in future flights.

Reactions: FPVLR
Old thread but here is a customers' review, he has since gone twice as far as what he did in this video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
What is the purpose of the little square piece that attaches to the antenna base?

Reactions: Ralph E. Johnson
Once you attach the mount, it also helps to keep it pointed out in the correct position. A small feature, but I like it.

that piece is the mount, it has strong double sided velcro and is attached to the front face of the smartphone holder on the 3dr controller, then the antenna is bolted to the square piece,
YOu can also do it the other way, first you bolt the square piece behind the antenna plate, then peel off the sticky backing tape and stick it onto the controller
Thx. Works great. I saw a post that it does not speed up GPS but I've never had my ready to fly so fast

I have bought from Fpvlr their kit with amps and battery.
What is the duration of the battery?
What happen if the amp's battery goes flat?
Does the wifi stop at all or it keeps on working like in standard mode?

I just received this and am not totally sure of how the mounting bracket should be arranged when mounting it on the fpvlr itself via the 2 screws.

Does the mounting plate go in FRONT of the fpvlr plate, or BEHIND it?

If it's in front, it seems to point the fpvlr slightly upwards. If it's behind it, it seem to aim pretty straight out. Or, does it really matter with these? The difference is so slight it probably doesn't matter, but with the originals they suggest to point out/up at about 20deg. so I was thinking having it point slightly upward might be beneficial, to some degree. Thanks!

I have mine with the square mount on top of the antenna, with the screws thru the top and the nuts on the underside. I don't know if it would matter the other way, but mine works great with setup I have. Good luck. I think you will really like this antenna.

Reactions: PdxSteve
I get about 2 flights safely per battery charge. If your battery goes down during flight, you will lose signal and the solo should return home.

So I recently purcahsed the FPVLR kit for the Solo and it's defintely already flying twice as high than it did with the stock antenna's on it. However I flew it about 4 times today. And when I got to about 70 or 80 meters it would lose conneciton every time and fly home. I may have been unaware, but from what I know all I have to do for the FPVLR antenna to work is remove my stock antenna's and screw in the new one. Is there anything else I am supposed to be doing to make sure I dont lose conneciton? I didn't even lost connection this much with the stock antenna's on.

And might i add, it finds all necessary satellites for takeoff twice as fast with the FPVLR antenna's. Thanks in advance for the help

Just took my first test flight with my new long distance antennas. Wasn't expecting much just maybe a slight gain in the distance I would be able to fly before it lost signal and would return to home (rth). I was pleasantly surprised though. I immediately went up to 450' and then pushed the throttle forward all the way and watched it quickly disappearing. The longest flight I have ever had before the rth was activated was an incredible 2200' in Mexico flying along the edge of Otates. Usually I get between 1000'-1400'. Well as I approached 1,400' I was waiting for the rth to trip but nothing happened then I looked at my speed and I was traveling at 33 mph. A few seconds later I was passing 2,000' then 3,000' then 4,000' then 5,000' and I'm flipping out. I'm a mile away and I have no camera on because my gimbal is being fixed. Next I look at the distance and it has gone over 6000' out so I chicken out at hit the RTH button and I wait for about what seemed forever and then here it comes. Tomorrow my gimbal arrives:)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I got 13,000 ft on a V2 FPVLR and still had plenty of signal left.

BE SURE TO POWER UP SOLO AND RADIO WITH ANTENNA AIMED AT SOLO!!!

That's incredible!! I'm so used to the rth activating at 1,500' I wouldn't know how to act. That's 2.5 miles away. Not familiar with the V2 version going to have to look that up. I just got my flpvr antenna and flipped out when it went past 6000' and I hit the return home button. We have a lot of forest so I wasn't able to keep Linwood sight but it ever lost signal.

That's incredible!! I'm so used to the rth activating at 1,500' I wouldn't know how to act. That's 2.5 miles away. Not familiar with the V2 version going to have to look that up. I just got my flpvr antenna and flipped out when it went past 6000' and I hit the return home button. We have a lot of forest so I wasn't able to keep Linwood sight but it ever lost signal.
Line of sight

You need to make sure your antennas are connected and screwed in tight. Sounds like a connection problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc