Forgot Solo WiFi PW

Reaction score
I accidentally set a password for my solo wifi, can anyone please tell me how to fix this or re-set my wifi password so that I can connect to solo???

I accidentally set a password for my solo wifi, can anyone please tell me how to fix this or re-set my wifi password so that I can connect to solo???

The password should be clear text in the app. So what ever you set it to should be readable. Or are you saying you set a password and Solo or your tablet won't connect now?

The password should be clear text in the app. So what ever you set it to should be readable. Or are you saying you set a password and Solo or your tablet won't connect now?
Yes, I set a pw apparently y accident......I don't know what I set it to, so now I can't connect. Every time I try to connect to solo link it asks me for asks password that I do not have?

You're kinda screwed I guess. I wonder if pairing would reset the password to sololink. I know a factory reset will default the password back to sololink but i would do that last.

I changed my password and forgot too. I had to do a factory reset, and pair again. Wasn't a big deal, and just took around five minutes.

Reactions: Kevodayzz
FYI: Your sololink WiFI password is also available in the hostapd.conf file on your solo TX. See Lan's sticky for instructions on how to access it.

FYI: Your sololink WiFI password is also available in the hostapd.conf file on your solo TX. See Lan's sticky for instructions on how to access it.

His problem though is he would need the password that he doesn't have to connect to get that file.

His problem though is he would need the password that he doesn't have to connect to get that file.
Not necessarily true. Nearly all tablets and other portable devices remember a previously connected wifi password even though this owner may not. You
may not need to know the wifi password to acces a wifi network however you always need the current password to change it.
It is moot point anyway since the OP did a factory reset. Solo owners should avoid performing a factory reset unless all other avenues to resolve a solo issue have failed. I know there is some internal debate at 3DR concerning the issue of solo owners having unrestricted access to the solo factory reset option and should it be removed or at least restricted. There have already been a number of solo support tickets originating from a factory reset that have resulted in subsequent crash because the solo owner did not fully understand the process to get their solo flying reliably after a factory reset.

It would also help to always link articles that you are referring to in your posts so readers can quickly view them. Since I now have this problem and can not find the sticky post that you mentioned.

*edit - Article found.

Last edited:
Is that still available? I have searched through the site and not found anything against Lan's sticky - wifi password or hostapd.conf.

Thanks!

I can get into the hostapd.conf through my phone since it's still connected but haven't seen where the password is stored!

Is that still available? I have searched through the site and not found anything against Lan's sticky - wifi password or hostapd.conf.

Thanks!

I can get into the hostapd.conf through my phone since it's still connected but haven't seen where the password is stored!

did you ever find out how to retrieve the password? Im looking around my android files in 3DR solo folders but nothing... I feel like im looking at the wrong things...

I agree. Factory reset can be a pain if it fails. I had to do my first one and it went ok. But my trust in the Solo was damaged for awhile. Was afraid that something may go wrong in flight. But all is well.

did you ever find out how to retrieve the password? Im looking around my android files in 3DR solo folders but nothing... I feel like im looking at the wrong things...

Fortunately my iPhone was still paired. When I connected I was able to see the password in the app!

Fortunately my iPhone was still paired. When I connected I was able to see the password in the app!

where exactly did you find it? Maybe itd work for me on Android... I already factory resetted my Solo but in case I forget :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421