Follow me shots in 2.4 upgrade problems

I had the exact same problem upgrading to 2.4.0. Never had any issues with solo upgrades in the past. This time solo would never connect to the app. Waiting on Solo and vehicle not found bullshit. I logged a ticket and after trying many reboots I just figured I'd do the factory reset which fixed the issue but I am noticing that on occasion when I first power up solo and controller I don't get video on the screen and then it's on to rebooting the GoPro, solo app, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have noticed that if you power up the camera before anything else, things seem to go better with respect to the video feed.

so do you guys camera not power up when you turn solo on and off when you turn it off?

No it powers on and off just fine but sometimes there's no video. Gonna try powering it on first to see if that helps.

so do you guys camera not power up when you turn solo on and off when you turn it off?

My Hero 3+ seems to power off with the vehicle, but not on.

The tech support person asked the same thing. I have not gotten a response back to understand what to expect.

I asked if charge level on the camera makes a difference.

I've had the GoPro image freeze a few times, but not power on with no video. I just force-close the app (iOS) and relaunch and everything comes back just fine.

I've even not been paying too much attention to things and taken the GoPro off of the Gimble and put it back on with everything powered up, and the app launched and video has come through fine.

I did some playing around yesterday with Follow-me and took video of everything. I still think mine is wandering around, but it wasn't as bad yesterday. I used leash, orbit and all kinds of stuff and it still just picks me up to one side. I took screenshots of the place my iPhone was reporting me to be in (visually anyway) and it was not consistent with the mistakes Solo was making.

You can pretty much force GoPro video to go away by changing settings. Every single time I navigate away from the main video feed in the solo app and change a setting or something, an app kill and restart is necessary to get video back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela