Follow me not following

Reaction score
hi guys i just got my solo and am using a s7 with the controler and every time i put follow me on in the look at me mode the drone turns away from me and dosnt follow, even in leash mode it dosnt track and if i move left the drone goes right, its like everything is backwards. anyone had a similar experiance or have a fix, it has 12 gps lock onboth phone and solo and i am running the current software and all updates have been done.

the only think that i can think of is it has something to do with the no original gopro that i am using

any help would be aprectiated

ah ok seems logical ill give that a go and see how it goes thanks just_bruce

I had a similar issue with the "look at me", I'd turn it on and the drone would turn 90 degree's left. Now I finally know what happened! One other issue I had was that I used the "Follow Me" feature on 2 drones last time. One running via the 3DR software, one running via the solex app. The one running via the solex app didn't work. It flew for a slight bit then stopped. I could move it up, down, backwards, but when it went forward it was like hitting an invisible wall (which should have been a clue!). Only a couple of days later I realized I had set up a max distance the drone could fly and I still had it on RTL instead of RTM. Hence the refusal to follow me any further than the distance limit would allow from it's launch point. Lesson learned.

I've got a question about this follow mode... Would the default antennas work better? I have the FPVLR antennas but it's so narrow and line of sight. In follow mode, I don't really care about distance so should I plug the original antennas in versus the FPVLR ones for follow mode?

I've got a question about this follow mode... Would the default antennas work better? I have the FPVLR antennas but it's so narrow and line of sight. In follow mode, I don't really care about distance so should I plug the original antennas in versus the FPVLR ones for follow mode?

Although the side lobes on the FPVLR antennas are probably large enough to not worry about pointing the antenna at the copter at close range I would still suggest switching back to the stock antennas during a "Follow Me" mission.
I get a solid 2,000'+ of range with the stock antennas so really no need for directional antennas when keeping the copter close.

Reactions: dirtyvu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo