Folding Props on the Solo

Reaction score
Website
www.rcgroups.com
I am interesting in using folding props on the Solo but unable to nail down prop hubs. There have been postings on using the GEMFAN units but they seem to not be made anymore.

It appears that GEMFAN like units are made for the Phantom but I have no idea what prop shaft diameter the Phantom uses (or used over the variations) and if there is a possibility the threads match and it might be usable on the Solo. The best I can determine the Phantom uses 6mm prop shaft but there are some references to 8mm so not sure.

The Solo uses 6mm right?

So any body happen to have used these or know if they will work on the Solo motors?

They also come in a tri-blade version maybe someone can comment on improved efficiency with the triblade props on the Solo?

Thanks for any input!

There is a vid on YouTube showing a Solo with folding props. Don't know anything about them- just remember seeing the vid.

I did my research before posting and unfortunately all the video's on youtube and the thread you posted Bruce never actually link to anything solid. The thread above points to Hobbyking but the GEMFAN hubs that they used to sell are out of stock everywhere so I don't think they are made anymore. Likewise the youtube videos have comments asking where the poster got his props and there is never an answer.

That is why I am interested in the ones made for the Phantom because they are readily available abet with useless 9" props but I guess I will just have to order them and find out. I just have too full a junk box full of things like that that did not work.

Cheers

Sorry. Thought maybe talking to @cnc74 might help ya, but if ya did that already, I'm outta ideas.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc