Flying with GoPro WiFi on?

Reaction score
I'm using a Hero 3+ Silver with my Solo. As we know I cannot control any of the camera functions through the gimbal. I can, however, use the GoPro app to operate my Hero 3.

Can I have the Wi-Fi turned on on my camera and operate it with the app and safely fly the Solo? Or, will the cameras Wi-Fi interfere with the drone?

I would operate the camera/GoPro app on my phone and fly Solo with my tablet.

The Solo manual contains a warning regarding using the GoPro Wifi: Make sure the Wi-Fi on your GoPro® is turned OFF. Otherwise, it can interfere with Solo’s communication signals and cause unexpected behavior.

If you are able to get your hands on a Hero 4 you'll find it opens up a whole new dimension of video, with the ability to set camera settings (video and still) while connected to your tablet.

The Solo manual contains a warning regarding using the GoPro Wifi: Make sure the Wi-Fi on your GoPro[emoji768] is turned OFF. Otherwise, it can interfere with Solo’s communication signals and cause unexpected behavior.

If you are able to get your hands on a Hero 4 you'll find it opens up a whole new dimension of video, with the ability to set camera settings (video and still) while connected to your tablet.

That's what I figured....now time to shop for a Hero 4. Does a 4 Silver or Black make a huge difference?

I got several refurbished Hero 4 Blacks from the GoPro store on eBay. Full 1 yr warranty, best price I got was around 249.

Reactions: Wanny07
The Solo manual contains a warning regarding using the GoPro Wifi: Make sure the Wi-Fi on your GoPro® is turned OFF. Otherwise, it can interfere with Solo’s communication signals and cause unexpected behavior.

I have hero 4 silver and I can't control anything thru the app. Am I missing something?

I have hero 4 silver and I can't control anything thru the app. Am I missing something?

(1) Do you own a gimbal? The app can't control the camera without the gimbal.

(2) Did you set the correct "GoPro Model" in the app? It should look like this:

model4s.png

(3) Is your GoPro seated firmly in the gimbal? Not plugging it in firmly can cause loss of camera control.

I don't own a gimbal. I heard at least u can control recording and stop but I can't even don't that. I can't change anything setting either.

I don't own a gimbal. I heard at least u can control recording and stop but I can't even don't that. I can't change anything setting either.

The Solo cable that plugs into your camera is only an HDMI video feed; it cannot control the camera. The camera can only be remotely controlled by plugging into the "Hero port" on the back of the camera, which is what the gimbal plugs into. The first sentence of Chapter 3 of the 3DR Solo User Manual says, "The optional Solo Gimbal holds your GoPro® camera and lets you control it remotely."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela