Flying Solo can be a Solo experience

Reaction score
Was told by a neighbor that she had a drone fly in her backyard with what looked to be a camera , it hovered by her screen and pool heater area... as it was looking around she went inside to get her bat by the door and when she returned it because to pull away...!!!!

This was told to me on a day I coincidentally flew earlier that day behind the homes in the clearing crashing my drone with attempts of flying ACRO and trying to film for the first time... oddly the camera was junk and had nothing...
But let me not ramble on because I know some folks take not too kindly to the rhetoric I flaunt within my literal exposé...
I mentioned the case to an HOA administrator and was with hopes in trying to expose the matter so not to implicate myself as the nuisance flying and invading personal privacy...
I want to be able to head outside and fly in the clearing to test my birds at will when it’s convenient for me not when its convenient for me to have to make sure I ask for permission to do anything prior
Regardless would like to hear of outcomes and other experiences of the nature from anyone

IMG_4136.jpg

IMG_4127.jpg
I DON’T WANT YOUR CRUMBS

They’ve tried to use this email to scare people and I’m reporting the email
IMG_4137.jpg

What exactly are you reporting them for? Scaring you with an email? Seems to me they simply referred people to the Florida Statutes regarding drone operations therefore removing any themselves from any responsibility regarding implementation or enforcement of any drone regulations.

What exactly are you reporting them for? Scaring you with an email? Seems to me they simply referred people to the Florida Statutes regarding drone operations therefore removing any themselves from any responsibility regarding implementation or enforcement of any drone regulations.
i was telling the HOA admin that someone mentioned a drone snooping within their property- and that I'm going to find out myself who might be doing that sort of thing- because I don't want anyone accusing me just because I'm flying- I don't fly where I shouldn't... the email they sent me just seems like they're making a poorly informed google search response of people's concerns

now if it could only run course to stop HOAs from being able to obtain information about residents identity, habits, conduct, movements, or whereabouts

I completely disagree. That email is the best news you could get. The HOA is taking no stance on the issue and leaving it up to existing local law. Most likely they consulted with the HOAs attorney before drafting the email.

Remember, by living in an HOA governed property, you have agreed to follow their rules regardless of their "legality." In other words, if they put a rule in the governing documents saying no launching or flying of drones over HOA property, you have to follow it or they can fine you.

It doesn't matter what local laws allow, or what the FAA allows, HOA rules supersede all.

Now, if I or another non-member of the HOA came and flew a drone over HOA property, there is little they could do.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421