Flying inside

Reaction score
I have yet to try flying my Solo inside, but have had a few requests for it. What tips can you give me for the first time I try it?

You need to be well beyond just proficient in manual mode outside first. Practice all attitudes in both manual and stabilize, nose in, etc..

I have yet to try flying my Solo inside, but have had a few requests for it. What tips can you give me for the first time I try it?

Unless you're exceedingly experienced and the room/space you'll be flying in very large, or if the space is restrictive and you're a Jedi master... my tip would be to not do it.

I've flown a 250 class quad inside, just hovered and a little back and forth across a bedroom. The air currents generated by these things in a confined space is very surprising. And that was only a 250 with 5 inch props. Yea, it's just not a good idea in general, and especially if there would be people in the same space.

Reactions: twk01 and Joe Horn
That's why I said to be proficient in manual and stabilize modes first. If you are, there's no difference between inside and outside with a little wind. When in manual mode, just because you have a roof over you head does not make the quad fly any different. But if a little prop wash bothers you then yes, you need more flight time.

Flying in manual mode so much fun and easy but what the deffernce of stabilized mode?

Flying in manual mode so much fun and easy but what the deffernce of stabilized mode?
In Stabilize mode you are controlling altitude by directly controlling the power to the motors. In manual mode, left stick is just telling the FC you want to go higher/lower and it will control how much power the motors get, which is a lot less than stabilize mode. You'd be surprised how fast Solo will climb at full throttle in stabilize mode.

If you are already flying in manual, just get in 5-10' hover and hit the button for stabilize mode. Depending on your environment, Solo will either slowly climb or descend with no stick input. But now you are controlling altitude so make small corrections as needed. If you think manual is fun, stabilize is even more so since you are controlling the motors. You can take off like a rocket and drop very fast as needed. But Solo is still keeping you level, like in manual so no worries there. Try it and report back...

In Stabilize mode you are controlling altitude by directly controlling the power to the motors. In manual mode, left stick is just telling the FC you want to go higher/lower and it will control how much power the motors get, which is a lot less than stabilize mode. You'd be surprised how fast Solo will climb at full throttle in stabilize mode.

If you are already flying in manual, just get in 5-10' hover and hit the button for stabilize mode. Depending on your environment, Solo will either slowly climb or descend with no stick input. But now you are controlling altitude so make small corrections as needed. If you think manual is fun, stabilize is even more so since you are controlling the motors. You can take off like a rocket and drop very fast as needed. But Solo is still keeping you level, like in manual so no worries there. Try it and report back...
Wow never try this stabilize before i will try sounds more fun

Thanks for the info! All good.

K

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc