Flying in Cyprus

I'm heading out to Cyprus for a wedding later in the year and the bride and groom asked if I would do some aerial footage of the event. Trying to be responsible, I did a bit of research to see if there are any rules for flying my Solo in Cyprus, and I came across this website Drone Laws in Cyprus - UAV Coach where I found this:

"Can I fly a home built/constructed drone?
It is prohibited to fly a drone that has been manufactured, modified, re-manufactured or added to, by non-qualified persons, except with the permission of the Department of Civil Aviation."

So essentially that means my Solo, with upgraded GPS, wi-fi and props, is illegal (unless I get prior permission from DCA).

Anyone know if this is true, or anyone flown in Cyprus?

Cheers

Don’t we need registered commercially to benefit from any gain and doesn’t that mean you need licensing and how doesn’t this equate to you can find a loophole if you choose to not know this

Not sure why you think there is to be any gain. Nothing commercial about it. It’s a family wedding, at a private venue.
But I don’t want to fall foul of any local regs if someone not a party to the wedding reports drone activity.

What is really bad about this is that they look like they are prohibiting any UAV's that have been made by hobbyists and enthusiasts! I have been building and flying multi copters since long before you could even buy one of the shelf and never had an incident in all these years. I just hope that there are no hobbyist types there on Cyprus as it must be really frustrating to have such a blanket statement to stop your hobby, disgustng!!

Bill

I’m just reciting “TO GAIN” as in anything used to further the ability to monetize in anyway that included flying your drone- I didn’t make these things up
And I’m sure if you shot a wedding for free and then used it to promote yourself it would fall under said so- I’ve been victim of such logic with the courts- lost more than a silly drone

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akmapco