Fly taking over Manual?

Reaction score
In trying to fly in manual, I set it to manual took off and flew under a steel roof, then back out into the yard then back under the roof. The second time under I lost control and it flew backwards. I believe I was on the stick to go forward at the time, as in I was bringing it back out when it stopped moving forward and started reversing. This is the third time I have experienced this, the first time was over the steel roof and in the shadow of a tall tree. the next time was under a canopy of trees, I was trying to experience it shifting from fly to manual... due to the first experience. So I tried it again, (4th time)..... this time took off in fly switched to manual flew under the roof came back out then back under and the same thing happened its like it panics and goes full tilt backwards, trying to go forward only slows it and when I let off the stick its off to the races. Even trying to power down is unsuccessful, it will lose altitude but in contact with the ground I can hear the motors rev even higher and it jumps backwards.

So I'm wondering if when in manual and it reacquires GPS lock does it automatically go into fly mode even tho you had set it to manual? Does it just think you were in manual because you did not have GPS and you really wanted to be in fly?? I know same question asked 2 ways. I get the panic could be due to GPS, and that is what I'm trying to avoid.

Also what is the lag time when it switches by its self and do you lose control during it?

Thanks

Your proly not going to love this answer but yes and no it's really strange actually and I'm not sure what decides if it's going to go into fly or not. However I have noticed that since I started taking off in manual then changing to fly once I'm 20 or 30 feet up if I want gps it seems to stay in manual until I change it pressing the button.

Manual was my answer to some gps glitches I was experiencing but it's definitley not ideal since some times it stays manual and other times it decides to swap with no real consistency that I've noticed yet. Seems that when you lose gps all bets are off really I've had very few if any issues since I started only using manual to take off, land or really to fly period under 20 feet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo