Fly: Manual gives me 2x to 3x the battery life

Reaction score
Wait until you have GPS (if you want to), but then take off in FLY: Manuel. Then let the wind and momentum set you up for long smooth glides.

Basically I just watch to see which direction SOLO wants to drift off to, then I accelerate in the same direction very briefly, like for one or two seconds, and then I let go of all the controls and let it just drift. This will be some of your best footage.

Give it some good speed and momentum, and then let it go until it losses signal. It will automatically switch from FLY: Manual to RTH . You will end up with some super slick shots.

Reactions: SteveReno
Sounds like a nice way to use nature to capture some good video, but this mode of operation dependent on location
I live on the Gulf coast Texas. to be more precise, practically a Island Corpus Christi, we never get low wind here. Avg. 15 to 25 Mph. winds.
I'm afraid to "Let it ride the wind" in fear of not being able to recover fast enough or Shot moving too fast.

But, like a said, would be a thing to know & to have in one's " bag of tricks" in obtaining good video from any UAV.

Here my Flight Conditions Presently:
This is the best we had for a month!
Flight_Conditions.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle