Floppy Alpha Antennas - Suggestions to help make them a bit more stiff and hold position?

Reaction score
Its been about 7mo since I've flown my solo... today when getting it ready for flying this weekend, I noticed that the Alpha antennas I have are all floppy and don't hold position .. they will slowly rotate such that they are facing down with the slightest bumps to the controller.

They still work great in terms of range/distance.. unfortunately it seems they are just friction fit so there doesn't appear to be anything to tighten up.

Thoughts/suggestions??

The first day I got my Alfa's they both got pulled out of there swivel sockets. I was trying to fit them into my backpack is when it happened.

I'm going to try to fix mine today and I'll let you know what degree of success I achieved. Fingures crossed.

FYI, they are to be down with the lettering facing the solo

Mine have gotten floppy too, but Dave makes an important point. When used correctly, they SHOULD be hanging downwards, face out. The WRONG image below is doubly wrong; the antenna on the left is facing backwards, and the one on the right is pointing 90° away from the drone.

alfa1.jpg
alfa2.jpg

Reactions: Sneb

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela