***FIXED***Please Help!! Battery fully charged, but apps say they are 0%

Reaction score
So a few days ago I connected my solo to Mission Planner on my computer. Didn't mess with anything else as far as settings go. Tonight I wanted to take it up for some sunset shots but when I connected to the solo app on my phone, my the app was showing my completely full battery was at 0% and I couldn't take off. So I switched batteries, same story.

I then thought maybe there was another issue with the newest iPhone update so I switched to my android tablet, same story in both solo and solex apps.

Everything else is working, camera controls, can connect on both devices, picking up satellites as it should. I'm at a loss.

Please help me out.

I haven't experienced this, but I would try to reset to the default parameters - maybe something changed there.

Use Mission Planner or Tower to change SYSID_SW_MREV to a value of 0

Save the change, restart your Solo, perform Compass and Level calibrations, reset your Vehicle Settings (speed and RTL height), and test.

I haven't experienced this, but I would try to reset to the default parameters - maybe something changed there.

Save the change, restart your Solo, perform Compass and Level calibrations, reset your Vehicle Settings (speed and RTL height), and test.

I will try this when I get home from work this afternoon. Thank you!

If that doesn't work, take off the battery tray and look at the battery connector. There's two small wires running to a small connector on the main board. I'm pretty sure these wires carry the battery data. If they get damaged or disconnected, the main board can't get any information on battery status.

If that doesn't work, take off the battery tray and look at the battery connector. There's two small wires running to a small connector on the main board. I'm pretty sure these wires carry the battery data. If they get damaged or disconnected, the main board can't get any information on battery status.

If it comes to that I sure am glad I married a micro electronics expert!! Thank you!

So a few days ago I connected my solo to Mission Planner on my computer. Didn't mess with anything else as far as settings go. Tonight I wanted to take it up for some sunset shots but when I connected to the solo app on my phone, my the app was showing my completely full battery was at 0% and I couldn't take off. So I switched batteries, same story.

I then thought maybe there was another issue with the newest iPhone update so I switched to my android tablet, same story in both solo and solex apps.

Everything else is working, camera controls, can connect on both devices, picking up satellites as it should. I'm at a loss.

Please help me out.
Somebody else here had the same problem but I don't remember what the fix was. Hopefully they will chime in but in the meantime you might find it using search.

Update: I don't have that parameter in Mission Planner, at least it's not in the standard parameter list. The standard parameter list is all that shows up too

Last edited:
Reactions: Maddog
It's quick and easy to do in Tower if you have an Android device.

This did the trick! Everybody that replied thank you very much! The mentioned parameter had a value of 120...set it to 0 and we're all set! You all are the greatest! A+++ for community support!

Reactions: Maddog and RDA
This did the trick! Everybody that replied thank you very much! The mentioned parameter had a value of 120...set it to 0 and we're all set! You all are the greatest! A+++ for community support!

Glad it worked.

The 120 value that was there is normal though. Changing to 0 rests to default configs, but if you go back in and take a look it'll be back to 120. There was another value changed somewhere. Could've dug into it further, but it's easier just to reset everything back to default.

Reactions: Maddog

Please help me out.
Yes, I had the same problem months ago and as I only have IOS, I am unable to do anything about it. As a solution to be able to keep flying, I bought a 2nd Solo through Best Buy and the problem one sits in my office and gathers dust. If somebody has a fix for me that doesn't involve Android, I'd love to hear it.

Yes, I had the same problem months ago and as I only have IOS, I am unable to do anything about it. As a solution to be able to keep flying, I bought a 2nd Solo through Best Buy and the problem one sits in my office and gathers dust. If somebody has a fix for me that doesn't involve Android, I'd love to hear it.

APM Planner. (I'm making a rash assumption you don't have a windows machine or would've used Mission Planner)

APM Planner (OS X)
https://3drobotics.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202322209-APM-Planner-OS-X-
Should be able to set parameter values under config/tuning

or on windows mission planner
Is there some secret trick to get that parameter to show up in MP? I couldn't find it to save my life. Good thing I have an android tablet and was able to easily find it in Tower.

Side note, when flying my first autonomous mission with MP, I loaded the file to Solo and went to take off with the controller before hitting the auto button, solo came right off the ground and almost crashed as soon as it was up! It eventually leveled out about 2' off the ground. Is this normal?!

Side note, when flying my first autonomous mission with MP, I loaded the file to Solo and went to take off with the controller before hitting the auto button, solo came right off the ground and almost crashed as soon as it was up! It eventually leveled out about 2' off the ground. Is this normal?!
Not sure why but I have read quite a few people claim this happened - Did you set as "takeoff" for the first waypoint and configure it properly?

Last edited:
Is there some secret trick to get that parameter to show up in MP? I couldn't find it to save my life. Good thing I have an android tablet and was able to easily find it in Tower.

See link above about Advanced View now a dropdown...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc