First group fly with others...

Reaction score
Went out to a meetup group in my area this afternoon. Solo did well in the dusty area. It's been a very dry summer for us so unusually dusty in places.

There were over 30 people who showed up including representatives from 2 local shops. There were a range of birds around. Everything from minis, racers to an Inspire. Several birds running APM as well.

My first flight I got some interference. Rebooted the controller along with Solo and was flying well after. Solo probably changed channels. I did notice worse than usual video rolling in the app. I had updated firmware last night but not the app on my tablet.

Witnessed a fly-away! Poor couple had a few flights with their Phantom 2 and GoPro. On a landing it hit the ground then took off like a bat from hell, straight across the industrial area and over the river. They had just purchased it new :(. They took off to drive and look for it. Hope they find it.

A few of the racers and another Phantom crashed too. They had a pvc pipe setup in a loop for ppl to try and thread. It was pretty windy.

Comments from the DJI flyers was how stable Solo was. They have only been reading the negative comments on the forums. I got to show them some smart shots sans gimbal of course. The Inspire flyer wants to take a Solo home once they are in stock in their store.

Overall a good outing to see how Solo performs alongside other birds.

Reactions: Burkeam and Rsfitz
where was the meet up. i should join in next time with our Gimbal. hope your local i live in SoCal

where was the meet up. i should join in next time with our Gimbal. hope your local i live in SoCal
Unfortunately I'm in Canada, BC. I'm sure they have local groups in SoCal. Next time I visit Cali, I'll definitely look up the local fly meetup.

Where in SoCal? It's only 200,000 square miles. I go to Brawley all the time to visit, but as a trucker, I run all over from suckramento down

People from the meetup posted pics... resharing a few.

highres_441225744.jpg

highres_441262994.jpg

highres_441263477.jpg
600_441234503.jpg

highres_441263041.jpg

highres_441230675.jpg
highres_441227969.jpg
600_441263036.jpg

highres_441220973.jpg

Attachments

• highres_441225744.jpg
    highres_441225744.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 5
I wish for a drone like the Inspire 1 (landing gear and props out of the way), with pixhawk and go pro gimbal or maybe micro third for something like $2-3k

I wish they would have built the Solo as a hex. That way, if you lose a motor or prop, you can safely fly it back without crashing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421