first flight with video.

Reaction score
this is my firsr flight with the camera working.
i know video is not good but is there.
waited almost 5 minutes for the sats to conect but when they did i flew the solo until the battery got down to 25 percent.than i landed it.
the camers stoped because the video card ran out.
no problems on this flight.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Raybro and DodgeP
How much time did you get out of your battery?
mot sure.
i just wanted to fly it to see if there was any problems.
only problem was it took a long time to get all the sats.
at one time the controler read 12 sats.

this is my firsr flight with the camera working.
i know video is not good but is there.
waited almost 5 minutes for the sats to conect but when they did i flew the solo until the battery got down to 25 percent.than i landed it.
the camers stoped because the video card ran out.
no problems on this flight.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Its great and I'm glad you're flying!

All my GPS devices take a while to find the region the first time. Doesn't seem like it would matter but it does.

All my GPS devices take a while to find the region the first time. Doesn't seem like it would matter but it does.
so just turn everything on and when it says searching for gps just wait until it comes on?

Well whatever the instructions say. But after the first time I would expect it to acquire within 30 seconds or so unless its a marginal day.

Back in the early days of GPS, I remember seeing it said that the further the distance from the last acquisition, or if never turned on before, the longer to re-acquire again. I would assume that the Solos have probably never been on before or were last on in China. Explains the wait I guess..

went out for the second battery this morning.
gps came right up.
no waiting 6 minutes.
started to take off.
calabration error came up.
re booted everything and than took off and flew until it hit 25 percent than landed.
no other problems what so ever.
looks pretty good so far.

Wonder what the calibration error was? Are you going to do a trouble ticket?

Well you you have to be back on WiFi.

I would call them up on phone and have them walk you through it. Have not had the mis-opportunity to try it yet :)

went out for the second battery this morning.
gps came right up.
no waiting 6 minutes.
started to take off.
calabration error came up.
re booted everything and than took off and flew until it hit 25 percent than landed.
no other problems what so ever.
looks pretty good so far.

Did it mention the type of calibration? I've had to do a level calibration a few times.

Did it mention the type of calibration? I've had to do a level calibration a few times.
did not say which calibration was needed.
i started to fly and a calibration error poped up on the controler screen.
we than shut everything down and started it up again.
the press fly to take off came up again and it took off with oput rd off everything went ok and it said press fly to take off.
i pressed fly and the solo took off and flew for the entire battery with out any problems.

Where do you go to do the Level Calibration? I'm getting that too...

I use the android application. In the app go to the drop down menu in the upper left, select settings then select Solo. Toward the bottom there should be the option to do a level calibration and a compass calibration.

When you select level calibration you'll want your props off. The screens walk you through tilting the Solo on each side

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim Antkowiak
I use the android application. In the app go to the drop down menu in the upper left, select settings then select Solo. Toward the bottom there should be the option to do a level calibration and a compass calibration.

When you select level calibration you'll want your props off. The screens walk you through tilting the Solo on each
everything must be donr on a leval surfice.
not out at the flying field.
i leveled a small table in my house than did the leval calibration on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle