First Flight: First Crash!

Reaction score
Hi all

Finally got to fly the Solo today and it was awesome! How cool to see it hang in the air.

Of course I grew over confident and ended up crashing it into a tree and busting a prop. The rest of the drone looks in good shape so I think I'll be fine after getting hold of some new props (Bought some Master Airscrew ones).

Totally my own fault. Lesson is: while you're learning, before every flight, remind yourself how to take control of things (in my case, just pushing pause would have worked just fine) but I regret none of it! It was all too cool.

Cheers from Vancouver,

Mike

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the 3DRPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in 3DR quadcopter’s. If you're new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy!
*MANUAL: https://3dr.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/v8_01_05_16.pdf

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the 3DRPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in 3DR quadcopter’s. If you're new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy!
*MANUAL: https://3dr.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/v8_01_05_16.pdf
Been hearing that you can damage glimbal if flown without a camera ! Can't verify - Where in manual does it state that a camera must be install in gimbal ?

Slightly weird thread to post that in but I'll attempt an answer:

I don't know if you will damage it without a camera in there. What I can say is that if you power on the drone and gimbal without a camera in there it hangs at an angle and makes a buzzing sound. I assume this is because the camera balances the gimbal and without it the gimbal can't balance itself.

I imagine this might cause damage to the servos in the gimbal.

Cheers,

Mike

Reactions: andrew.baker.142
Been hearing that you can damage glimbal if flown without a camera ! Can't verify - Where in manual does it state that a camera must be install in gimbal ?
If you want to fly without the camera just unplug the power cable and leave the foam block installed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421