First 2 Videos from 6 Days of Ownership

Reaction score
Website
www.jlphotocreative.com
So I've had the Solo 6 days now and I am loving what it can produce with a GoPro Hero 4 and a Gimbal! These are the first 2 videos I have put together. The first is just random stuff, then I decided to go back for a good go at the lake here... Video 1 is 1080P @ 60fps Video 2 is 2.7k @ 30fps. Enjoy!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So I've had the Solo 6 days now and I am loving what it can produce with a GoPro Hero 4 and a Gimbal! These are the first 2 videos I have put together. The first is just random stuff, then I decided to go back for a good go at the lake here... Video 1 is 1080P @ 60fps Video 2 is 2.7k @ 30fps. Enjoy!

very smooth like silk dude!

Reactions: Jon6565
did you change the gimbal cable to a flat ribbon type or a stock?

Nice job, Jon. I really liked the second video. That shot of the tree at the 30 sec. mark was great. I noticed what looked like a commercial jet in the sunset at the end. Was there an airport out that way?

great job, this is a matter of preference, but that second video would have rated close to some of the best if the fish eye were removed.
some people like that look.

It looked out of the way, and you were not flying very high, so you were probably ok. Just remember the 5 mi. no fly zone around any airport. All it would take is one unhappy person or pilot to report you, and then you would be a wanted man.....:eek: Safe and happy flying.

Wow! Great footage and some very nice videos. You have a terrific location to shoot. I have a few comments.

Consider adjusting the GP4 to shoot in medium and not in wide mode to get less fish eye. Also consider using dissolves between scenes (transitions) instead of just using straight cuts. Overhead shots of the pelicans flying and some of the overhead shots (pointing down) of the trees are really amazing! Great stuff

These are great shots! Thanks for posting them.

One word of caution: be careful around the wildlife. It appears in several shots that they were moving because of your proximity to them. This could get you (and by extension, us) in trouble...

Wow! Great footage and some very nice videos. You have a terrific location to shoot. I have a few comments.

Consider adjusting the GP4 to shoot in medium and not in wide mode to get less fish eye. Also consider using dissolves between scenes (transitions) instead of just using straight cuts. Overhead shots of the pelicans flying and some of the overhead shots (pointing down) of the trees are really amazing! Great stuff

It was shot in 2.7k and Medium fov

It looked out of the way, and you were not flying very high, so you were probably ok. Just remember the 5 mi. no fly zone around any airport. All it would take is one unhappy person or pilot to report you, and then you would be a wanted man.....:eek: Safe and happy flying.

It really is quite a safe area to fly - huge open and quiet area. There is no risk of being anywhere near commercial aircraft... you will not that my max altitude was probably 50m on that tree shot looking down. I have lived around here for 26 years so I'm pretty comfortable with how safe it is.

These are great shots! Thanks for posting them.

One word of caution: be careful around the wildlife. It appears in several shots that they were moving because of your proximity to them. This could get you (and by extension, us) in trouble...

Your comment is valid and I will be slightly higher next time. I am keen on closer detail as most of the shots you see are way up high. But agreed - it was me spooking them! But I did like the movement! ;)

FYI Chuck, in our beautiful land down under, Australia, the minimum distance to fly a UAV from an airport or helipad is set at 5.5km (3.4mi), not the 5mi as set in the U.S.A.
Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks for setting me straight on the airport zones. Hopefully I will be able to visit your beautiful country one day, and that will be good to know. Thanks

Good stuff @Jon6565, I could watch that stuff all day..
I gather you are SOR around Midland somewhere?
FYI, on airport distances, in Oz its measured to the closest boundary fence.

Good stuff @Jon6565, I could watch that stuff all day..
I gather you are SOR around Midland somewhere?
FYI, on airport distances, in Oz its measured to the closest boundary fence.
In which case I'm about 200m too close! I was back at the same spot yesterday and an Emirates A380 flew in from the North - given it's size that thing looked way closer than a FIFO jet!! I am actually EOR. Living right in Woodbridge.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela