Firmware Links

Reaction score
New Solo AND GoPro owner here going through so much information my eyes are going nuts, rainy and cold this morning :(.

Forgive me if I missed it in my research but does anyone know where or maybe themselves have available older GPH4B firmware?

I picked up a 4 Black that currently has v3.0 and didn't want to experiment with higher versions unless I had the older ones to revert back to.

Thanks

Mike

I spoke to the folks at GoPro yesterday at CES. They told me it can be found on their website. I have not confirmed this. You can do a search on this site and find a link to it. A friend of mine just downgraded his GPH4B yesterday based on what he found on this site.

Don.

I spoke to the folks at GoPro yesterday at CES. They told me it can be found on their website. I have not confirmed this. You can do a search on this site and find a link to it. A friend of mine just downgraded his GPH4B yesterday based on what he found on this site.

Don.
If it is on the GP site, it was just added. Previously, their stance was that they don't approve of downgrades, won't share the downgrade, AND it may brick your camera. Of course, we know the latter not to be true.

At any rate, there are several links to v3 FW on this forum so the OP can spend about 5 minutes and easily find it with the search function.

New Solo AND GoPro owner here going through so much information my eyes are going nuts, rainy and cold this morning :(.

Forgive me if I missed it in my research but does anyone know where or maybe themselves have available older GPH4B firmware?

I picked up a 4 Black that currently has v3.0 and didn't want to experiment with higher versions unless I had the older ones to revert back to.

Thanks

Mike
Recently, someone posted here that they have the v5 firmware and everything works fine.

Of course, now I can't find it.

Last edited:
Recently, someone posted here that they have the v5 firmware and everything works fine.
That is, if you are okay with reduced FOV at some resolutions and with powering on GP manually prior to flght.

That is, if you are okay with reduced FOV at some resolutions and with powering on GP manually prior to flght.
True but you gain linear FOV at 2.4k the trade off is not the best but maybe invest in two GP4 so you can get the best of both worlds. also I hate the fact that If you make any changes from linear in the app then you must pull gopro in order to change settings back.

i have v4.0 if you want it.
i have just downgraded my GPH4B from 5.0 to 4.0 with no problems.

let me know and i will send it to you.
:)

i have v4.0 if you want it.
i have just downgraded my GPH4B from 5.0 to 4.0 with no problems.

let me know and i will send it to you.
Don't forget,.ya' have to go back to v3 for auto-power.

oh yes, i did.

funnily enough i still have that version too.
i never delete anything,

Reactions: SARDG
my deleted folder is like 15gb lol

buttttt......
i have now uploaded them to my google drive for saferer keeping lol
oh and they are easier to find too lol

thanks again for the heads up i did forget about that.

lol

I'm unable to find older firmware on the GoPro site. The only page I could find when searching for downgrade firmware is this Downgrading Your HD HERO2 Camera Software | GoPro Support

There are links to all firmwares in the description of this youtube video, and the commenters seem to verify that they work. Still I would prefer finding the links officially on the website.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

See post #3.

If they did just add older firmwares to their site, they've removed them again as far as I can tell. Are you able to find them, rather than just saying to go to the site? Check for yourself and post the link to the page.

If they did just add older firmwares to their site, they've removed them again as far as I can tell. Are you able to find them, rather than just saying to go to the site? Check for yourself and post the link to the page.
The links are not on GP site, they are on this forum. I no longer do the legwork and searching for info I don't personally need, but you may use the search function and find them. I remember the links being posted several times
ETA: I don't believe you read post #3.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela