Epic drone shots in Southern Africa

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi guys,

I'm traveling the world with my 3DR Solo drone on my back, and I am trying to make some cool aerial footage and pictures. Here are my first tries in Southern Africa, I think they came out quite nice. But you probably can help me improve them!

Check out the below videos, and let me know what you think. All tips are welcome!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cheers,

Yolan
Travel Blogger NotGoingHome
www.youtube.com/c/notgoinghome
www.instagram.com/notgoinghome

What is your background if you don't mind me asking?

These are such amazing shots that they look like videos that can be featured on a travel channel or Discovery. I get the feel you already have a cinematography background of some sort.

Reactions: Yolan
Wow thanks! This is the first time ever i'm shooting videos myself and editing them. But have worked at MTV Networks and another television channel where I used to direct short promotional videos as a Marketing Manager.

Reactions: Tamj
Any problems bringing in a solo into the country? I am planning to go to Ethiopia.
Nope, no problems bringing it into the different countries whatsoever. Flying it is something else tho. Please read the laws carefully and stay clear from flying in National Parks without permission of the park rangers, flying at sites that are checked by governement officials, etc.

The fines are pretty hectic, and even jail time is one of the punishments. A friend of my niece even was imprisoned in Nairobi for 6 months for flying a drone, which was marked as espionage. So please be careful, better safe than sorry ;)

Cheers,

Yolan
Travel Blogger NotGoingHome
www.youtube.com/c/notgoinghome
www.instagram.com/notgoinghome

Reactions: SurfnSkate81
Excellent shots, editing and music choice. Well done... It is a joy to watch your travel experience. You should definitely not go home and keep those video's coming.

Travel safe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc