Eclipse Totality Video from Andrews, NC

Reaction score
Out of respect to the surrounding people, I did not actually fly the Solo during the eclipse. This video was shot with my GoPro Hero 4 and GoPro Karma grip . I guess that qualifies for this board? If not you may choose not to watch.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Out of respect to the surrounding people, I did not actually fly the Solo during the eclipse. This video was shot with my GoPro Hero 4 and GoPro Karma grip . I guess that qualifies for this board? If not you may choose not to watch.
Nice .. a bit of drone coverage prior to the event showing crowd, location etc...might have been a nice lead in. I like how you covered the main event w/out a drone as I don't think our flying camera platforms add a lot of value for the eclipse.

I did shoot a separate drone vid but didn't have time to edit it while the eclipse was still news worthy . There's a playlist on YouTube with a timelapse and the aerial

Awesome! What music did you use? Went really well with the video. Thanks!

I did the music myself . It's an instrumental I had been working on about a week before the eclipse but not originally intended for that purpose. Worked out well.

Nice .. a bit of drone coverage prior to the event showing crowd, location etc...might have been a nice lead in. I like how you covered the main event w/out a drone as I don't think our flying camera platforms add a lot of value for the eclipse.

eclipse opposite is happening.png So you have to wonder how it is that from this position or location the entire sky goes dark yet from another position in the USA the sky stays bright during the entire ellipses, cannot be the shadow because the shadow falls on the ground a shadow does not darken the entire surroundings. say it again = a shadow falls on a surface and does not darken the entire surroundings. for example if you stand on a movie set and you place a prop between yourself and the light source which is away from you the light still lights up the entire set but you are in the shadow now you move the prop closer to the light then the entire set goes dark from your position but for others the light is still normal. So this tells us the sun and moon must be very close to each other for someone in one location in the USA to experience a light blackout yet someone else in another location in USA to experience Nothing . I know cinematographers in the USA who filmed the eclipse and had no light change whatsoever. So if the moon is 400 000 km away and the sun 195 million km behind the moon the moon then cannot block out the sun and create a tiny shadow that people who stand in that shadow experience what we see in this video footage. Now this site has the earth spinning the opposite way to try and get the shadow to move along its path. Total Solar Eclipse on August 21, 2017 (Great American Eclipse). LOL. They say it appears to look wrong but its right…! Really . no its wrong and that’s that. What is the point I am making ? open your eyes and think for yourself you might be surprised by what you actually see.

Last edited:
If you take a movie projector and a golf ball. We will say for this example that the projector lens is twice the circumference of the ball. Then you attempt to block the light and keep it from hitting a flat projector screen. You can’t do it because the ball is too small to completely obscure the flat screen at any point . Here is the catch though. Let’s say the screen is round (spherical like ball) instead of flat . Even with no golf ball, only certain parts of the screen will be illuminated at any given time. The back side of the spherical screen will be dark. There will also be some sections of the screen closest to the center of the projectors aim that receive the most light. If you select the perfect angle and distance from the projector lens it now becomes possible for the golf ball to completely block out the light that is hitting the the spherical screen . There may be plenty of light that goes around the spherical screen to the left, right , top, and bottom, but none of this light is actually hitting it. I think this is what you appear to be missing . Even if there is a wider range to the light beam we are only talking about the light that hits the spherical screen. If you installed an Fpv camera on the spherical screen and pointed it towards the projector you would only see the dark side of the golf ball . The projector facing hemisphere of the screen would fall at least partially into shadows when the golf ball is positioned at the correct distance and angle, but only the dead center of the light’s angle would be fully in the shadows . Long story short . The fact that the earth is round and not flat like a movie set is the answer to your question. This is not even taking into account the intensity of the sun and the massive size of everything involved in an eclipse . It’s pretty crazy that a total eclipse is even possible, but it makes sense how it does happen.

Last edited:
There is also something called atmospheric blending that removes the sharp distinction between light and dark that you'd expect in a vacuum with no intervening scattering particles.

I am not sure “so low” has really even suggested his theory, but I am hoping it isn’t what it sounds like it might be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela