East Swell Australia

Good effort. How much does that sun suck in the morning? I've been at Burleigh all week, the light yesterday arvo was awesome but I had jobs to do. Have you tired some tracking shots from takeoff to finish? Try getting lower and closer, but if your new to this play it safe. Anyway just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers mate.. Yeah the sun definitely adds to the challenge. I had a nd lens so I guess it helps a bit.
Yeah I'm very new to the game, so a little nervous flying over water. Here is some more I got this morning - further out and a little closer...about 8metres off the water. Still crapping myself but I would love to get lower and closer. Just trying to master multi cam. How long you had your solo?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This morning was nice, like the light you got, I'm guessing pretty much right on 6:30am?

I've had my Solo since November, well I've had five actually. Long story but let's just say 3DR has had some problems but I've had them sorted each and every time and I'm still here thanks to help from this community.

It's hard not to crap yourself over water took me a while to just loosen up and not worry so much but it would be like washing 5K down the toilet if it went for a swim, so I'm always nervous which can be a good thing cause I have a high sense of awareness. Always fun when you've got people wanting to have a chat and look at the iPad feed when your trying not to crash the thing.

Keep posting your stuff, your doing pretty good for someone new to this.
Are you using smart shots? I'm always flying manual, I find the smart shots hard when shooting the surf. Maybe I'll try give some ago next time. I'm looking forward to Zipline that should work good, if the sets keep breaking in the same spot, but hard to get it going when a bomb set rolls through.

Hey mate, 5 Solos! wow. That is alot since November. If you ever have time or want to tell me what happened I would love to hear what happened.
I can fully relate when you say people come up and want to see what you can see etc. I've started putting headphones in just to deter people! I recently had an elderly lady walking her dog on the beach thinking I was a dog catcher! I diplomatically explained to her what I was doing and not "spying" on her. She came good in the end.
Thanks for the compliment and encouragement. I really am enjoying flying and trying to get awesome content. I was using smart shot - multi cam, on the surf shots. Some was manual (not completely manual - on gps, not that confident yet to fly complete manual!) Zipline is going to interesting but as you said hard to pick the waves and the positioning! Can't wait for the updates and there is some cool hardware coming out. That light and kodak VR looks cool. Have you posted any of your stuff?

Cheers mate.

Still haven't posted any stuff, so far been more or less testing, but there has been hours and hours of it.

Am not happy with the quality of the images yet, have been trying lots of different things and has been good getting to know Solo and what it is capable of, sometime soon I will have settled on a workflow that I'm happy with and then I'll start putting stuff up for the world to see.

Also having good stuff to shoot is the first hurdle, so many places getting up and landing in some spots is bending the rules. Can't fly south of 15th Ave Palm Beach so Currumbin and Snapper are out until the sun starts getting back up before 6am when Cooly Airport class C airspace is in operation. And Burleigh is a mission some days cause there is people and cars going every which way so keeping the 30m rule is hard to do.

Have you done any mods yet?

Nah, no mods yet - but I'm interested in the VR stuff and maybe the light. Did you see the parachute prototype?

Finding a place is hard, especially with finding a safe takeoff/landing. And then there are the people. You are always going to get one person having a whinge or complaining. I just can't arsed with putting up with that so I try to stay away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000