DroneBase?

Reaction score
Just figure to ask this question.
Has anyone done any work for DroneBase using the Solo? And if so, can the parameters they want be achieved even if the Solo is used?

Did I miss something or this is not the forums to ask about this company?
Thanks guys

looks like a booking site for freelancers
don't know anyone that uses it.,
Wont have my license for another month or so.

Been following the DB stuff semi closely. Interesting.

Check out Ask Drone U Podcast, episode 487 - Interview with Drone Base Founder. Goes into the background, what it's about, etc. Ask Drone U by DroneU on iTunes

Regarding Solo's suitability for DB missions - absolutely. Ascend, couple quick Pano smart shots, done.

Only thing is you need to de-fish the image, or get a new flat lens for your GoPro.

Last edited:
Just figure to ask this question.
Has anyone done any work for DroneBase using the Solo? And if so, can the parameters they want be achieved even if the Solo is used?
I have done work for them, yes Solo can achieve what they need. I use Solex for the pano'. DB does the stitching. Main settings I use, GoPro, 7meg med fov,protune off. Spherical pano in solex.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input on this.
Pushjerk--i did listen to the podcast, very informative, it gave me the impression it should have been a two part podcast though :rolleyes:

Quinn- cool! I'll check it out! I had been reading other forums (mainly DJI) and those guys were pretty much
1. going to the site
2. taking the pix and then downloading them straight into the DB app
3. whole process takes 10 minutes

As some might say, it is not worth the time as the $$ is kinda low. I think my reasoning would be more to practice, practice and have a reason to do it. Its's hard to find places in Northern Virginia (Fairfax and Loudoun Counties that allow you to fly for fun)

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input on this.
Pushjerk--i did listen to the podcast, very informative, it gave me the impression it should have been a two part podcast though :rolleyes:

Quinn- cool! I'll check it out! I had been reading other forums (mainly DJI) and those guys were pretty much
1. going to the site
2. taking the pix and then downloading them straight into the DB app
3. whole process takes 10 minutes

As some might say, it is not worth the time as the $$ is kinda low. I think my reasoning would be more to practice, practice and have a reason to do it. Its's hard to find places in Northern Virginia (Fairfax and Loudoun Counties that allow you to fly for fun)
yeah, not getting rich over here but made a couple hundo. I'm doing it for the two main things you pointed out, have a reason and practice. also if I can get few bucks even better. I mainly go for the industrial locations and pick 4 of 5 in the same area just make the drive worth while. good luck and have fun!

Do keep in mind guys you must have a 107 to make money with DB. Furthermore, you must abide by airspace restrictions, and request permissions when applicable.

Reactions: dmyhill
I have done work for them, yes Solo can achieve what they need. I use Solex for the pano'. DB does the stitching. Main settings I use, GoPro, 7meg med fov,protune off. Spherical pano in solex.
Forgot to ask you... I got what you said about the Solex pano, DB stitching, med FOV, protune off, and spherical pano in Solex... ...what do you mean by 7meg? Is that a setting in the GoPro4?

Do keep in mind guys you must have a 107 to make money with DB. Furthermore, you must abide by airspace restrictions, and request permissions when applicable.
Thanks for the heads up! 107done

Forgot to ask you... I got what you said about the Solex pano, DB stitching, med FOV, protune off, and spherical pano in Solex... ...what do you mean by 7meg? Is that a setting in the GoPro4?
sorry I should have looked more carefully, do you mean the 'Photo Resolution' of the app to be 7MP medium?

sorry I should have looked more carefully, do you mean the 'Photo Resolution' of the app to be 7MP medium?
sorry, yes 7MP Med on the Go pro. Drone base is adamant about no fish eye. at 7MP Med (100 ft alt) no need to process the pics to remove the fisheye. (Part 107 done as well).

Haven't done any missions with a Solo yet, but did do a few missions with Phantom 3. DroneBase is legit, they pay through Qwil.
The only thing I wish there were more missions available in my area.

yeah, not getting rich over here but made a couple hundo. I'm doing it for the two main things you pointed out, have a reason and practice. also if I can get few bucks even better. I mainly go for the industrial locations and pick 4 of 5 in the same area just make the drive worth while. good luck and have fun!

Glad to hear from someone actually doing flights for DroneBase. I felt it was a little misleading when I signed up at first. I thought they had people coming to them for bookings. Then I noticed most of the "jobs" were unsolicited, meaning we would go to the site and take pictures unannounced and uninvited. That sounds like a formula for law enforcement and neighborhood watch interventions. So, did you notify any of the site owners that you were photographing their locations with a drone, or did you just fly "on-the-fly"? I've been holding off doing flights for DroneBase until I heard from someone who's experienced a few jobs.

Thanks Quinn!

Reactions: Jubalr
Did you try the missions? How did it go?

I selected 2 missions. I completed the first one however the second location was surrounded by high trees with no space to take decent footage so I had to cancel it.

Reactions: Quinn
I selected 2 missions. I completed the first one however the second location was surrounded by high trees with no space to take decent footage so I had to cancel it.

Was it a commercial or residential site? Did you notify the owner before you flew? Did you get paid?

Was it a commercial or residential site? Did you notify the owner before you flew? Did you get paid?

The mission I did not complete was a commercial property in very bad shape. I did not notify the owner and I have not been paid yet.

I'll try a few more missions once we have better weather.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela