Drone Tracker

It just might be something to consider ...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I bought a Marco Polo recently. Although I haven't yet had a chance to fly since I got it, we did do some testing by one of us hiding it out in a remote spot. Then it was up to the other one of us to find it. It was amazing. Walked right up to it as if we were the one who hid it. For great piece of mind, I won't fly without it again. Be sure to specify the custom “23-gram, large battery RC Tag” which gets you the RC antenna for longer range, plus the longer life battery from the pet model. Tim, the president of the company was incredibly responsive to my numerous questions before purchase. Fortunately, I'm not recommending this based on personal experience with a fly-away. But my research and testing gives me great confidence that this is the right choice for me, since I often fly in remote, wooded areas, where depending on cell or GPS signals would be useless. The Marco Polo requires neither.

Reactions: Del
I guess I am the outlier.

I have several trackers, all GPS, with various radio options from Cell to APRS (HAM) depending on how high I am going. Not much works 23 miles up except HAM. I most often use a Spot Trace with quads. I Velcro Strap it to the top center of Solo. It is light, waterproof, nearly indestructable and uses GPS and satellite (GlobalStar) to upload. It does require a yearly subscription however. It also only uploads to the web every 2 minutes, but it works well.

Just as an example of how well, I have also sent it up on high altitude balloons many times, where it travels up 20+ miles and up to 200 miles away... I have always walked right to it when it landed...

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
Reactions: erikgraham

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela