Drone Tracker - Prototype

Reaction score
Found a proof of concept of their product. I was skeptical at first but looks like they're piecing it together.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Found a proof of concept of their product. I was skeptical at first but looks like they're piecing it together.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Interesting, this reminds me of the 'Face Tracker' tech incorporated in most inexpensive digital cameras these days.

My security cameras at home do the same thing with video motion detection.

Key difference here is identifying drones from regular motion traffic.

You can see the confidence level with the targeting system based on the colors of the box. You can even see it detects motions in other areas but does not conclude that it is a drone (green box) such as a small bird flying in the distance. Red boxes is a high degree of confidence that it is a drone.

Yes, my security cameras do the same thing. Green boxes around motion that doesn't meet alert criteria. Red boxes around motion that meets alert criteria. That's all I'm referring to. This thing allegedly has video, WiFi, and audio sensors integrated. But I believe what you're seeing on the video is nothing more than video motion detection, which isn't some new fangled high tech thing by any means.

Yes, my security cameras do the same thing. Green boxes around motion that doesn't meet alert criteria. Red boxes around motion that meets alert criteria. That's all I'm referring to. This thing allegedly has video, WiFi, and audio sensors integrated. But I believe what you're seeing on the video is nothing more than video motion detection, which isn't some new fangled high tech thing by any means.

I agree. It's existing tech used for a different and new application. It's still interesting to see how effective it can be. As an example, you can see the system correctly detects the real drone and detects but ignores the reflection on the window based on acoustics data. A visual system would fail this test.

To expand my knowledge, what criteria can you set in your video system? I imagine it to be something crude as object size criteria or just tracking any motion in general.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc