Drone Registration Question

Reaction score
When I purchased my Solo, I registered it and selected hobby or non-commercial (can't remember the language). Now, I want to use the Solo for commercial purposes.

How does this work? Do you carry 2 registrations? On for commercial and one for non-commercial use? Or, can you modify your existing registration to include commercial?

Thanks!

that is a great question, I did the same but will be moving over when I get my 107
Call the FAA?

I do know they register people not drones so maybe just register again as a commercial and get a new number?
its 5 bucks

OK, update: Once you register, you have an account. When you login, you can click account type, either Model Aircraft or Non-Model Aircraft. Each "account type" lists your "inventory". There is no easy way to move inventory between account types. So I now have the same Solo listed under each account type and 2 distinct registration numbers.

Further research: I found this in their FAQs

Can I transfer my model registration to non-model registration?
Only the web-based registration system distinguishes model sUAS registration requirements from non-model sUAS registration requirements.
At this time, the web-based registration system does not permit this type of transfer. You must complete registration as a non-modeler and provide specific aircraft information such as manufacturer name, model number and serial number, if applicable.

Wow can you link that?
when I registerred there was nothing asked about the drone hardware.

My understanding from this FAA webinar archive is that a Part 107 certified remote pilot who registers an aircraft for commercial use may also use that aircraft for hobby use. I could be wrong, but that's what I picked up from a cursory listen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421