Drone Maintainance

Reaction score
Does anyone do any general maintaining of their drone such as micro cleaning, oiling of gears or bearings, etc.?
I have a GoPro Karma.......

Last edited:
I didn't know they even had a website. I took a look and there are a lot of sad stories about fly-aways, loss of GPS, failure to RTL, no or slow tech support.

Sounds like a DJI product.:(

Droner17, if you're still here, make sure to use the red, full synthetic axle grease for your motor bearings.

I hear it works the best.

I didn't know they even had a website. I took a look and there are a lot of sad stories about fly-aways, loss of GPS, failure to RTL, no or slow tech support.

Sounds like a DJI product.:(
I had a look to when I saw this. It's a shame, I've been very happy with the GoPro cameras and have a bit of brand loyalty (especially when they are being mercilessly copied and undercut), so was quite hopeful for Karma.

The spare parts are cheap (ish), but as you say, the pilot's forum at the link doesn't paint a very good picture at all...

Ho-hum!

I had a look to when I saw this. It's a shame,
Misery loves company, why we are here.... So you think Karma doesn't have the same trolls exaggerating all the short comings of that platform....?

Droner17, if you're still here, make sure to use the red, full synthetic axle grease for your motor bearings.

I hear it works the best.
MD, I've noticed you have a slight streak of pent-up evil. Not often that it appears, but when it does... Could I recommend Luke 6:31...;)

Misery loves company, why we are here.... So you think Karma doesn't have the same trolls exaggerating all the short comings of that platform....?

MD, I've noticed you have a slight streak of pent-up evil. Not often that it appears, but when it does... Could I recommend Luke 6:31...;)
Ah, the Golden Rule. Point taken.

Not really evil, just poking fun at the competition.o_O

Reactions: RichWest

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc