Drone deploy?

heck I just purchased a P3 for $375 on newegg. Cheap way to test DroneDeploy.

3DR did adapt that model, which is why they are focused primarily on SiteScan only now.

Tower (app), Mission Planner (PC), APM Planner 2.0 (Mac) are what you could use to program the missions and automate the flights and camera actions. I thought DroneDeploy allows this part for free too.

The "expensive" parts of DroneDeploy and SiteScan are the harder bits like the processing/analysis/conversions/importing/exporting workflows. Not sure there is a cheap solution for that unless you build your own (like they did).

3DR did adapt that model, which is why they are focused primarily on SiteScan only now.

Tower (app), Mission Planner (PC), APM Planner 2.0 (Mac) are what you could use to program the missions and automate the flights and camera actions. I thought DroneDeploy allows this part for free too.

The "expensive" parts of DroneDeploy and SiteScan are the harder bits like the processing/analysis/conversions/importing/exporting workflows. Not sure there is a cheap solution for that unless you build your own (like they did).

Will mission planner control the GoPro?

Yes you can trigger gimbal movements, photos, and video start/stop the same as you would manually with all of these examples

You have several options
Qground Control on IOS
Tower and Solex on Android
Those will do surveys, but the high end image processing is not done in those

I do some utility infrastructure inspection where the client gives me GPS coords for the elements they want looked at. I set up those missions in my office using MP, then upload the mission to a bird. Then I download the mission to Tower and save the file. I go out in the field with several of these saved missions and run everything from Tower.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo