Downloading Video off of GoPro

Reaction score
Curious how most people are downloading their videos from the GoPro. I have concerns with wearing out connectors by removing the GoPro all the time. I could turn on WIFI but you can't get to the button on top of the GoPro when it is in the Gimbal. Also you can't get to the mini SD card.

I take it out of the gimbal and plug it into my computer. Also gives me a chance to rotate through batteries.

I like the Relish solution. Not sure why 3DR couldn't have made it easier to get access to the SD card. I was also thinking about mini-SDI cards with WIFI. I guess there would still be a concern with WIFI interference. A nice enhancement for 3DR would be control of the WIFI on the GoPro. I guess the concern would be pilots forgetting to turn it off. As far as charging, on my bird it still charges when you first power on the Solo. Charging only turns off when you turn on the GoPro. So in theory you could just leave it in the Gimbal. Thanks for the response.

Last edited:
I take it out of the gimbal and plug it into my computer. Also gives me a chance to rotate through batteries.
Depending on your system, most users will get much faster file transfers to their system by removing the SD card out of the GP and put it in a card reader. WiFi would be even slower. With the size of the GP files, I like any advantage I can get. Best option if you have 3.0 ports on your system is a USB 3.0 card reader.

Reactions: Maddog
Depending on your system, most users will get much faster file transfers to their system by removing the SD card out of the GP and put it in a card reader. WiFi would be even slower. With the size of the GP files, I like any advantage I can get. Best option if you have 3.0 ports on your system is a USB 3.0 card reader.
Thanks! I didn't know that- I have 3.0 ports & card reader, so I'll start doing that instead.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela