Downloading Flight Logs

Reaction score
I'm still waiting on feedback from 3DR following my recent crash due to complete loss of power.

Since the crash occurred I've not powered up the motors at all as I didn't want to do anything that would compromise any further requirements from 3DR beyond the logs that I have already provided. However, while I'm waiting I was wondering whether I could start up the motors and even do a short trial flight (with the broken gimbal detached) just to see the general condition of the craft.

If I did so, would I be limited in downloading the logs of the crash again for 3DR if required? Is it only the last flight that is automatically extracted when a ticket is raised?
And would it also limit the ability for me to download the logs via Mission Planner (I've not had a chance to get that up and running yet so haven't explored the capabilities to access the logs of historical flights). Does the Solo/controller retain the logs for all flights or only the last few?

The fact that the Solo lost all power mid-air does still make me very nervous though and I really want to get 3DR's recommendations on this. Perhaps I shouldn't attempt any flight and just do a motor test without the props on? I expect that will still be logged as a "flight" though?

Keen to hear your thoughts

If you turn on and mess with Solo the old logs will still be there. I dont know what the number is but I believe Solo stores log information for at least 20 flights or power ups.

Yes, the history is still there. I used the files from the tablet but it appeared to be only recent files and didn't include the trouble I had.
If you use the WInSCP route, you can capture all of the logs or just the ones you want.
It is quite easy to do.

Reactions: petermag
When you send in a trouble ticket via the Solo app, it sends the last 3 flights.

Some time ago someone posted on this forum that Solo stores all flight information from day 1. I have no idea how much it would store before "filling up".

It stores the last 10 tlogs along with the corresponding wifi logs on the controller. The last 3 tlogs and wifi logs are extracted and sent when you submit a ticket.
On Solo, you find all dataflash logs since day1, unless the card is full, then it starts overwriting the old ones. A logfile is written when you power on Solo. The dataflash logs contain all flight data on a more detailed and extended level compared to the tlogs

Thanks very much for the useful info all.

I've installed Mission Planner but unfortunately haven't been able to get it to connect with the Solo (connected to Solo WiFi, selected UDP, windows firewall deactivated etc) but no luck. Was hoping I could get hold of the logs while I wait for a response from 3DR, but I'm travelling at the moment and using a work computer so perhaps will just have to leave the Solo till I get home.

Use WinSCP instead of MP to retrieve the logs. Use search, the how to do it has been posted in this forum many many times.
WinSCP is way faster and more reliable than MP to retrieve logfiles.
Once you have the logs copied to your PC use MP to analyze offline from Solo.

Use WinSCP instead of MP to retrieve the logs. Use search, the how to do it has been posted in this forum many many times.
WinSCP is way faster and more reliable than MP to retrieve logfiles.
Once you have the logs copied to your PC use MP to analyze offline from Solo.

Excellent - thank you very much! That worked perfectly :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc