Does Solo HDMI out show flight data, or just video?

Reaction score
the discussion about finding a headset for FPV flight here: http://www.3drpilots.com/threads/fpv-system-for-solo.41/ got me thinking.

If you have a headset hooked up to the HDMI out on the controller can you display the telemetry data (battery, compass, altitude, heading, ETC.), or is it just pure gopro video?

Might not be able to find this out until it is released, but perhaps it was mentioned somewhere. At the very least, since the controller has a computer in it, It should be possible to do I imagine.

Reactions: Digital Dove
I spoke with somebody from 3DR today and they confirmed that the HDMI port only outputs live video without OSD telemetry. That way, you can also record a clean signal or output to video village monitor.

I spoke with somebody from 3DR today and they confirmed that the HDMI port only outputs live video without OSD telemetry. That way, you can also record a clean signal or output to video village monitor.
That's too bad....if I am using a headset plugged into that port, I would want the telemetry.

Perhaps there is a way to add it in later on. It would be nice if there was an option in the controller menu.

I have no way of knowing, but I would think the 3d gimbal will have the better interface with the GoPro and supply you with telemetry and HD video ATST.
There's a port on the side of the newer GP's, thus you need a newer model.

there is no difference in the gimbal versus non-gimbal....they both plug into the gopro the same and can control the gopro the same.

One Idea I have to get around this limitation is to use an HDMI out adapter for my phone or tablet and plug the headset into that. then I will be seeing the same video and telemetry as is on the phone.....just hope nobody tries to call me when I am flying

I have no way of knowing, but I would think the 3d gimbal will have the better interface with the GoPro and supply you with telemetry and HD video ATST.
There's a port on the side of the newer GP's, thus you need a newer model.
The interface is called the "Hero Port" :
"the Solo Gimbal taps into the Hero port on the back of the camera, usually used for adding a touchscreen or battery, in addition to the GoPro's Micro-HDMI port. "We're able to let you have the GoPro that you want, but also have the control over that camera."

http://www.cnet.com/news/3d-robotics-solo-quadcopter-drone-may-be-the-ultimate-gopro-accessory/

I was under the impression that the center led screen theyour solo controller displayed our telemetry info right? Can anyone confirm this?

I was under the impression that the center led screen theyour solo controller displayed our telemetry info right? Can anyone confirm this?

As far as I know distance, altitude and speed.solo.png

Reactions: Nolan
My Iris+ displays telemetry on the radio. I don't think the Solo would step back from this technology.

Reactions: Nolan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986