Do you like to keep your GoPro stored still in the gimbal in the backpack?

Reaction score
Do you like to keep your GoPro stored still in the gimbal in the backpack?

Or remove it each time and store it in its own compartment?

I keep it on the aircraft. The backpack does a nice job of holding the gimbal still. If you are still uncomfortable, you can put the foam block that was included with the gimbal back in for travel. Some folks trim off the lip to make the foam block easier to install and remove.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Joe Horn
I copy what andrew says. I always keep my camera in the gimbal while in the backpack or hard case. It is very secure and I figure the less I unplug and plug in the hdmi cable, the better off I am.

Reactions: Joe Horn
I've noticed that when the Gopro is still attached to the Solo Gimbal it will keep the Gopro turned on. And if you are occasionally forgetful like myself, tend to forget to turn it off after flights. But other than that tiny thing, I say by all means!

Yes, in gimbal inside backpack, or tucked securely on one of the foam slots in backpack - otherwise my kids find it, then when I go to load photos I have to sift through hundreds of photos of random sh*t around my house...

I've noticed that when the Gopro is still attached to the Solo Gimbal it will keep the Gopro turned on. And if you are occasionally forgetful like myself, tend to forget to turn it off after flights. But other than that tiny thing, I say by all means!
The GoPro should power off when the Solo lands and shuts down. At the very least, it should power off when the Solo is powered off. Failing that, you can set your GoPro settings to turn the camera off after XX minutes of inactivity.

To the OP, I too keep the GP in the gimbal and attached to Solo when stored in the backpack. I always install the shipping foam block in the gimbal except when flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40