Disused Quarry - Crane Training Centre Video

Pie

Reaction score
So after my first weekend of no flying due to adverse weather, I finally got an opportunity to get Solo back in the air following my tree contacting incident ( http://www.3drpilots.com/threads/skatepark-footage-and-a-crash-into-a-tree.2730/ )

The company I work for are actually running a photography competition for their 2016 Calendar.

Unfortunately I’m office based so unable to capture anything offshore which means I have to be slightly creative with onshore shots that every man and their dog will submit – basically capitalising on the fact I have the aerial photography advantage.

All week Solo was sat in the boot of my car waiting for the weather to break (Scotland in winter tends to be grey and overcast all the time!).

Skies were clear on Wednesday so at lunchtime I took a trip up to our Training Facility at a disused Quarry and fired off some aerial photos – but used the opportunity to also do some videography.

After my past 3 projects where the subject’s were fairly fast moving (MotoX, Mountain Biking and Skater) which required a lot of creative piloting at higher speeds – it was a nice break to be able to bring Solo’s flight controls back to a far slower pace and enjoy the flight.

I noticed between 1:35 and 1:40 there is a bit of shakiness – not sure if this is attributed to my tree incident two weekends ago or just the effect of winds as I climbed above the trees.

The shaking isn’t prevalent throughout the entire video so perhaps just an environmental effect.

I didn’t recalibrate since flying into the tree so I’ll try that before the next flight and see if that helps.

On the ground the Gimbal seems fine and stable (I always pick up Solo to get visual assurance the Gimbal is operating in all directions)

Suggestions welcome.

Anyway, here’s the video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
[/url]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc